Sometimes you don't have time to focus

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GenoP754, May 12, 2005.

1. Well I literally had a split second to grab this.....I even screwed up the white balance however thankfully I was in NEF mode.

just thought everyone would get a kick out of this. by the way I sold it to a local paper. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ROTFLOL

GenoP

original.
    Nikon D2x ,Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF AF-S DX
    1/60s f/5.6 at 17.0mm iso200 with Flash

Jim and Joe Gandolfini

2. You're from Jersey, huh? Well, it's only natural: isn't that where T. lives? Was he en route to whack some wise guy? ;-)

Cool shot, Geno: do you care to elaborate on how it came about?

3. I was on my way home from a restaurant shoot when I saw their trucks where they shoot the Night Club scenes. I have been there before and have some others. I happened to have my Press Pass on and asked James if I could have a quick shot for the local paper. He looked tired and really wanted to get going home, but he still smiled and said he loved me and hurry up and take a picture. I fired one off and by the time the LCD lit up he already had his window closed and was gone.

I have been there before and they really are a great bunch of guys, but it seems like the filming really takes it's toll on them once and a while. But they will always smile, give an autograph, or let someone take a picture; especially the locals.....since they grew up in the area where they film.

GenoP

original.
    Nikon D100 ,Nikon 45 2.8 P
    1/125s f/10.0 at 45.0mm with Flash

View attachment 8665
    1/160s f/9.0 at 45.0mm with Flash

View attachment 8666
    1/160s f/9.0 at 45.0mm with Flash

4. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Nice shot Geno! How cool to have run into them is such an 'in character' pose. Thanks for showing us!

5. Your welcome...

Thanks anytime

Geno

6. Haha, that's a great shot of Paulie.

7. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Great shots, Geno. The kind of images that you will cherish for a long time. I can only imagine the smile on your face when you reviewed the images after the shoot. Stay well...

8. I definately smiled.....but Honestly I was just glad they didn't have a bowling ball bag with them at the time; especially an empty one.

Geno

9. strobel

strobel

Apr 30, 2005
    Algonquin, IL
    Great photos, but I have to say the Paulie photo is my favorite. Has that character type feel. Just looking at his photo tells you not to mess with him.

Ron

10. I'd have to say Paulie is most likely my favorite character on the show. I will never stop laughing over those scenes when he yanked the lanscaper out of the tree.

Geno

11. Way to go Geno. I have never taken a picture of someone famous.

12. Hey, Geno, fuhgedaboudid. Youse done good, real good. Anybody gives you grief, you know who you can talk to....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Great shots, good opportunity, thank for giving me a chuckle this am....

13. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Great Stuff Geno,

thanks for sharing.

14. Great shots!! :D :D :D :D The last shot is great........"Whadda you lookin' at???" Don't mess with the Sopranos!!

15. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    I was into that show the first season. Then it was worn out on me. I liked your pics though. I would have loved to of had a pic with James.

16. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Cool shots, Geno!

17. FOGITABOUTIT

Thanks for sharing

18. gho

gho

Feb 7, 2005
    California
    Uh... I'm so outta touch here... Who are these people? I guess I should know, huh?