1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Songbirds

Discussion in 'Birds' started by mike mac, Aug 16, 2009.

1. A few more from my front yard, more of the usual suspects. All shots with the D3 and the 300 2.8 with 2.0 tele.
    Male House Sparrow
    [​IMG]
    B.C. Chickadee
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Male House Finch
    [​IMG]
    Male Cow Bird
    [​IMG]
    Blue Jay
    [​IMG]
    Male Cardinal
    [​IMG]
    Mourning Dove
    [​IMG]
    Female Sparrow
    [​IMG]

2. Mike, you've got one heck of a front yard, just beautiful work. Love them all. Excellent details in these shots. It looks like you've got the 300/2.8 dialed in using the TC2.0.

3. Thanks Louie it is a poormans solution to a 400 2.8 or 600 f4

4. Super set Mike and a great variety. Well shot.

5. Reggie

Reggie

Dec 10, 2005
    Parrish, FL
    Beautifully detailed images Mike.

6. Excellent!

7. Very nice Mike ...

Your finding more birds in your yard than I am wandering around John Heinz!

Gary

8. Excellent series showing frequent yard visitors off very well.

9. Nice batch Mike, not much around this time of year but soon the migrants will come through!

10. I want first opportunities on the 300 with the TC20 when if you decide to sell it!!!! Great series!

11. Beautiful series, Mike. I am impressed with your results. I have always heard 2x converters were less than desirable. I would be very happy with these photos.

12. They may be the "usual suspects", but your captures are far from ordinary. Great detail, use of light and beautiful bokeh! Well done!

-Bill

13. Thanks Jim
    Thanks Ron cant wait to come back down and shoot some real birds soon
    Thanks Alex
    Thanks Gray I have not been there in a while, do you ever try Bombay Hook down in DE it is getting to be the season down there soon.
    Thanks
    Thanks Janet, I have never had much luck capturing the migrants I sure would love to add some warblers to my photo list this fall
    Thanks it is yours my friend

14. I have good luck with the @X on this lens only on any others it is terrible
    Thanks Bill

15. Lovely series. I'm stunned with the quality of these images with the 2xTC.

16. Thanks Mitch this combo works great for me as long as you can stop the lens down to like 7.1 or f8 and with the high iso capabilities of the new camers that is not a problem anymore

17. georgep6506

georgep6506

Feb 9, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Great shots! I am so shocked about the quality with the 2x. You are using really good technique. Congrats!

18. I wish I could shoot like that! Beautiful job on every one of them!

19. Great work... the 2X seems to have no effect on the IQ.. the details are exquisite.

20. Nice stuff Mike!
    I like the first sparrow and the finch best.
    Fred

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.