Sony a1

Real Name
Dan
Unless I misinterpreted things, I was pleased to note that one can still use SD cards in the new camera, too, rather than having no choice and absolutely having to go with those CF Express cards.... ??
The way I read it is similar to the Nikon D5. You can choose whether to get one that takes CF Express OR SD. Not both.

Real Name
Dan
If anyone wanted to soften the blow of the A1 price by selling a lightly used A9m2, I'd be willing to take one for the team :rolleyes:

The way I read it is similar to the Nikon D5. You can choose whether to get one that takes CF Express OR SD. Not both.

This was bugging me so I looked around and found this:

"Further underlining the Sony A1's pro leanings are its connectivity are card slots. You get two CFExpress Type A slots (which also accept UHS-II SD cards)". Sounds pretty clear to me.

Phil K

Real Name
Phil
The spec is great. Can't wait to see the images when you guys have it.

I "should" be one of the early ones- been on the waiting list since dec 14th.
Unfortunately I suspect my images will not change. Hopefully I am wrong.
I'll be posting here shortly after getting my hands on one.
I sure hope capture one and dxo can read the raw files by then.
gary

Real Name
Andreas Berglund
The irony of it all is that we are swooning over cameras that can do 45-50 MP and we are posting in much less resolution. When is enough enough? I'm no better than anyone else with my 45 MP Canon R5, at a measly 20fps.....

Real Name
Dan
The irony of it all is that we are swooning over cameras that can do 45-50 MP and we are posting in much less resolution. When is enough enough?....
For me it's finding one camera body that can do it all. Closest for me to date is the D850. The high rez sensor is great for landscape and wildlife portrait prints and in DX crop mode it's like a built in D500. The pixels are more useful than the super high frame rates.

The irony of it all is that we are swooning over cameras that can do 45-50 MP and we are posting in much less resolution.
I absolutely agree. This is a new tool and nothing more.
Like any other tool, we need to know how we are going to present our work to know what we need.
If the images are going on your Instagram or facebook account- you really don't need this.
Heck, if you are publishing in a book you do not need this size- 25mp would be more than enough.
Personally I print big. Print I am delivering this week is 72"x36". At times I need every pixel.
gary

For me it's finding one camera body that can do it all. Closest for me to date is the D850. The high rez sensor is great for landscape and wildlife portrait prints and in DX crop mode it's like a built in D500. The pixels are more useful than the super high frame rates.

Your D850 also has focus bracketing, which the Sony a1 apparently doesn't have. However, after spending so much money on a Sony a1, it's a relatively small amount to spend on a third-party device to do the focus bracketing, albeit in a more clunky fashion than when it's built into the camera.

Latest threads

Top Bottom