Sony updates Movie Studio with Boris FX

I don't do commercial videos anymore so I've settle on Movie Studio as my NLE since version 10. This new version has a "easy interface" and an advance one. But for me the biggest thing is that it ships with two full Boris FX units that really raise the technical aspects of Movie Studio (MS). It has three masking plugins, a noise reduction plug in, a very good stabilization plugin, and a color matching plugin (grading in other words). These two units would cost $400-600 (as far as I can tell the are the full Boris FX units.)

I think the suite (its about $130 unless your upgrading and then its $79.95) is really a great work flow, it even handles 4K video from the sony cameras.

I think they were very smart to include an easy and an advanced interface as one of things that reviewers said about 12 was that it was to "hard to use". They have the 30 day trail download, so if anyone is looking for a very powerful but inexpensive NLE this is the one. You can get it in three flavors, but I use the other programs so I got the suite.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom