Sonya's 365 Project 2009 (Updated 07/16)

I decided to start a 365 of my life for this year. The girls are older, and I have enough free time that I think I have a chance of accomplishment. This will be a 365 of my life, not a bunch of cheesy self portraits. Not that I don't like torturing myself with the remote once in a while, so there may be a few of those. ;) Here are the first 4 from this year. I might need occasional cheerleading or motivation.....so help me out guys!

1/365

Alex at my Granny's house on New Year's Day. She doesn't see them often, so this is a special photo to me.

3166173655_302b43f58e.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2/365

Shot through the window of our car (Mike was driving) on the way home from Christmas vacation.

3167007964_154f695625_b.jpg

3/365

Sleeping Angel

3167106930_ceee7c5c30_b.jpg

4/365

Dinner.
Yes, I'm on a no meat diet for a while. For some reason, every few years, my body decides that meat is yucky. Every time I eat it, I get sick. I stop eating it, I feel great. Now is one of those times. I'll miss my cheeseburgers, but now maybe I can get back into my skinny jeans.

3169566910_9d2b9ee48e_b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh yay!!!!!! :biggrin: Glad you're joining in!!! :smile:

Looks like you're off to a great start. I'll tell you, I've really enjoyed going back through last year's stuff and having some of those memories at my fingertips. :smile:

BTW, Em would love your dinner, those are two of her favorite things! :biggrin:

Sonya,

I enjoyed viewing your first four photos. The 365 Project sounds quite challenging. I opted for the 52 Week Project, but will most likely post multiple times most weeks.

I found the second shot to be very interesting. Did you apply a texture of some sort to the image during post processing?

Glenn

Wow, now that is a challenge indeed. I have a hard enough time just getting up 365 days a year, let alone taking, editing, and uploading shots. Way to go, I'll check in regularly. Love your first images.

Welcome aboard!

Great sky in that second shot. You're off to a nice start for the new year!

Oh yay!!!!!! :biggrin: Glad you're joining in!!! :smile:

Looks like you're off to a great start. I'll tell you, I've really enjoyed going back through last year's stuff and having some of those memories at my fingertips. :smile:

BTW, Em would love your dinner, those are two of her favorite things! :biggrin:

Well, I'm not saying all photos will be artistic and/or creative. This year it's all about just getting a photo every day about my life. You'll be seeing a lot of the girls I'm sure. :)

Sonya,

I enjoyed viewing your first four photos. The 365 Project sounds quite challenging. I opted for the 52 Week Project, but will most likely post multiple times most weeks.

I found the second shot to be very interesting. Did you apply a texture of some sort to the image during post processing?

Glenn

Yes it will be a challenge, but I didn't shoot nearly enough last year. If I make it a rule to get it done, then maybe I'll have grown in my photography by 2010.

The second photo is edited with a slight Topaz adjust filter, but no textures were applied. The sky was whispy like cotton candy, I've never seen anything like it before.

Wow, now that is a challenge indeed. I have a hard enough time just getting up 365 days a year, let alone taking, editing, and uploading shots. Way to go, I'll check in regularly. Love your first images.

Well, I'll get a photo daily, but you have to promise to get out of bed daily, LOL! Thanks for peeking in Kurt!

Welcome aboard!

Great sky in that second shot. You're off to a nice start for the new year!

Thank you! I can DO THIS! I didn't even try last year since my girls were still so time consuming.

This will be a great record for you - and fun for us to follow along. This project is calling out to be made into a book at the end... :)

A strong start, as one might expect from you. The sky shot is my favorite, but the #1 is not far behind.

On #3 I don't like the way the texture makes her look like transparent. Gives me creeps as a parent of a young daughter.

Loving the start to your 365, Sonya. All have a very different look to them, but still, all your style.

And I'm with you on the veggies...I'm the same way. In fact, I've recently acquired a red meat intolerance. So, lots of veggies and very little meat for me these days. Tonight we're having homemade broccoli cheese soup...delish!

Welcome to the 365 days project, Sonya! I love that second shot in particular. What a phenomenal skyscape! The fourth one looks really appealing to me, too -- my favorite foods are veggies and I rarely eat red meat. Looks delicious and colorful!

Last year I looked and admired everyone's ambition but didn't get started at all on this sort of project, so this year when January 1 rolled around I decided to jump in. I began thinking that I would just do an image or two a week but so far I've been doing one each day. If I can sustain this momentum through the first week or so then I'll switch my thread over to the 365 days subforum rather than keeping it in the 52 Weeks one.

It's going to be a fun year for all of us, photographically speaking!

My girls being themselves. Not into dollies like most, they're into fast cars like their momma!

3171519973_6fa8c4b2d5_b.jpg

Hahahaa, LOVE it, and the angle you chose is excellent! :smile:

Thanks Gretchen. I always try to get on eye level with kiddos, it gives an entirely new feel to what their world looks like.

Love their matching outfits!

Me too! I remember hating it when my Dad dressed me and Jenny the same though, LOL!

Giggling at the ironies here: the pink border, the girls' outfits in a feminine color (ie, pink!) and the fact that they're playing with fast cars rather than dollies! I agree with Gretchen -- you shot from the perfect angle for this!

My children are definitely ironies in more than one way. I wouldn't change a thing about either of them though. (Well, I would magically help Alex get her molars but that's just to save her the pain.....other than that I love everything about them.)

Love your shots so far, I like the one from the car and this last one the most. It will be very cool to see your year in photos, glad you joined the challenge!

6/365

3174976228_4b3c424fe8_b.jpg

My baby Alex is getting her 2 year molars right now. I was working on another idea for today's photo when she came into my room from her nap crying "I need my mommy". I swooped her up and hit the remote. Nothing more real about my life than the daily struggles with her teething. She hasn't gotten a break for about a year, one after the other. I'm glad I'm able to comfort her during these times.

Latest threads

Top Bottom