1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

SOOC to "Finished" Photograph

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by BarryD3, Jul 20, 2008.

1. The wedding of our friend's daughter is approaching and I was asked to be the backup photographer. Recently, I had the opportunity to take a candid shot of her at the dance studio. Her skin tone is interesting and I wanted a couple of shots to sort out how I should set up the camera.

When I shot the photo, she had almost no makeup on. I made the following PP images to show her parents what can be done if necessary. The first is original, the second is PP in Capture NX2 using the healing feature to remove the dominate blemishes, and the third is PP using CS3 to soften the skin a bit while still adding some pop to the jewelry and eyes. I would have preferred to have had her pose, but I got what I got. :smile:

They preferred the final image. Comments welcome.

[​IMG]

2. Hi Peano,

Thank you for the comments. The walls are that (sickly) green color and do cause a color cast. As I had mentioned, her skin tone is interesting and does have a natural red to it. I took another photo of the young lady, her father, and her mother. If I corrected her skin tone to be more natural, then her parents then looked, well, strange. I have no interest in correcting each wedding photo to that level. :wink:

Your shadow mitigation is very good and makes the photo even better, and the change in background color is a GREAT improvement. The good news is that the background colors in the places where the wedding activities will happen are much more muted and better IMO.

Again, that you for the comments and your work.

Best regards,

3. Jsheffers

Jsheffers Guest

I agree with peano. The skin tones are a little to much on the red side. Good save peano.

4. TheCommons

TheCommons

Jul 2, 2008
    LA, CA ;)
    Peano thats great work. Btw, did you do a surface blur on her skin?

5. pretty lady
    nice shot
    peano.... excellent work

6. jfrancis

jfrancis

May 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
  7. sjlarue

sjlarue

Nov 18, 2007
    OH-IO
    That's a great tut Peano.

8. StephanieHelen

StephanieHelen

Jun 9, 2006
    What a difference, great job Peano!

Only problem, Barry, is that now you may be asked to fix quite a few to this level.

9. Hi Peano,

I have now purchased Portraiture, it works nicely and saves me time on images I have worked on recently.

Thanks,

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.