Sophie started preschool.....

Discussion in 'People' started by sonyam, Sep 23, 2008.

1. bittersweet........:frown::smile::Love::Curved:

2884176400_936d5125da_b.jpg

2. leahp26

leahp26

Apr 28, 2008
    Southern NH
    Sophie looks a tiny bit apprehensive - love the "little sis looking on"

And great t shirt on Sophie, her backpack looks bigger than she is!

3. Kemnik

Kemnik

Aug 21, 2007
    San Jose, CA
    Great capture Sonya, a big day for her!! Love the shirt too.

4. PhotogWannabe

PhotogWannabe

Mar 19, 2007
    BC
    As a retired teacher... I LOVE THE T-SHIRT! :biggrin:

5. Sophie just wasn't in the mood to pose, LOL!

Yes, sister is missing Sophie a lot during the days she's at preschool. She lost her playmate, and now only has momma...:frown:

I love the Gymboree back to school clothes, they're too cute!

Isn't it funny? Her teachers loved it too. :)

6. Congrats to Sophie. What a big step. I'm sure she will have a great time. Keep us posted.

7. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    aww... she looks a bit frazzled... But I LOVE the t-shirt! That is so funny you put it on the first day of school.

8. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    You'll need that photo in 12 years when she's graduating from high school.

9. The first day of school always has mixed emotions, especially if it is your first day EVER for school.

I teacher third grade, and the school that I work in is a pre-K to 3 school. I always find it pretty funny that these preschoolers have bags that are literally down to below their knees. They can't make them much smaller becasue they need to fit projects and papers that are sent home, plus a lunch box/snack box.

10. What a great shot! She is simply beautiful. What a great life she has before her. Looks like she's ready to test it out.

11. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    I think it is a huge bittersweet moment. Once they start school it goes so fast. Cute photo. She looks nervous. It catches the emotion.

12. Very cute, Sonya! It's hard to let go, huh? Our oldest started kindergarten this year, so I know how you feel. Makes it very hard on the younger sibling/playmate. :smile:

13. The presence of little sister in the background really adds to the bittersweetness, don't you think?

Great job, Sonya!