Sora

5723567963_889dfa9035_b.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Nice shot, John. I really like the rail family. I've never seen a Sora out in the open like that. When I have seen them they are always skulking around in the marsh vegetation.

Nice shot, John. I really like the rail family. I've never seen a Sora out in the open like that. When I have seen them they are always skulking around in the marsh vegetation.

I never saw one in the open either. Thanks for posting.

---Thanks Landy and Allan. This is the first time I saw this guy out in the open as they are always on the fringes. When they do cross the pond it is usually in a running/flying motion over the water surface.

---Maybe if I put things into perspective - this is not a large body of water and it decided to cut off the corner and decided to swim. I was fortunate enough to be there. The pond was maybe 30Ft. long and maybe 10Ft. in width.

John

Nice shot. I saw one of these alive for the first time two days ago. Hard to find birds, especially out in the open like this.

Nice shot. I saw one of these alive for the first time two days ago. Hard to find birds, especially out in the open like this.

---Thanks very much Robert - what looks like open water can be a little misleading. This Sora crossed a pond that was approx approx 20' wide and I was at the right place at the right time. Moved very fast

John

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom