Sorry don't know were to post this (pic)...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Doug Barber, Apr 30, 2005.

1. Greetings all:
    Thought I better get off my butt and post an image...
    I could not figure out what image category to post this in so I just through it into the general Board... (Hope no one minds)
    I’ve had a hard time getting motivated to post images of late. But I see from the images being posted the exceptional talent that hangs out on this board. So I thought I would add my feeble attempt at an image.
    I was sort of having an "Abstract" day when I took this.
    Thanks in advance for looking in.

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    You sure have a gifted eye for beauty Doug,

Feeble attempt, be serious.

I would prob not see it if you pointed it out to me.

Great Job.

Love the mood and color.

3. Well, Doug, let me be the first to say .... WOW ....

I wish I knew how you do it, but do it you do....

That is even harder to say than it was to type....

As to the proper forum, I'd probably guess Landscape, but I don't care, I like it whereever it is. And you keep making me like pictures of "stuff" I don't like. I hope you are proud of yourself :wink:

Bill, who wishes he had an eye for stuff like that, Dewey.....

4. Once again you demonstrate your incredible talent. Who cares where you post your images just keep it up. Composition is great, post processing superb.

5. Thanks Gale...
    you see (even us) Frozen Canucks get lucky once and a while...

6. Bill you do have an eye for this type of shot... In fact, you have two of them (I think)
    All one needs to do is "slow down" and look a little harder....
    I was doing a PS clinic a while back and someone asked how I see my images... I responded by telling them to "Slow Down" on their walks with the camera... you would be really surprised what you can see if you look.
    Hell some times it takes me an hour just to walk a block....

7. Thanks for the kind words Gordon....
    By the way what is the lens you have in your photo? Is it a 300mm?

8. Doug, in a rare moment of complete seriousness for me, you make an incredibly cogent point here, and I am glad that you reminded me of this. I far far too often look "too far" away for things, and totally miss what is close at hand. This really hit me the other day when I stopped at a local urban park, see my last post in the Bird forum, and realized how much there is close at hand. Then i saw a post at Fred Miranda from a guy in Central Park. I think he had images of about a gazillion different species of birds, from one 3 hour session. A park in the middle of a huge crowded city. Doug, thank you for pointing this out so well.

Now, to get back to my normal self, are you trying to ruin my 34 year marriage? My wife ALREADY gets annoyed when the camera goes along for a walk. And you want me to take How Long to go a block :?: :?: Do you have a apare room I can use for the next millenium :wink:

Thanks again Doug, point well made and certainly well taken........

9. Thanks Bill....
    Hope it works out for you.... And yes I do have a spare room anytime you need it.
    Cheers

10. Only in the summer, bucko, I've seen your images of what it looks like there in the winter :lol:

11. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Wow, that really screams Doug!

12. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

13. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    I like the frame. It adds weight to this moody shot.

Just my $0.02. 8)

Frank

14. Surreal Doug, surreal. Great composition and technique.

15. Jarrell

Jarrell

Feb 13, 2005
    Macon, Ga.
    Congradulations on a well done image, Doug. It has a very 'graphic' minimalist look that I like and it's very different from anything I've seen you do for the past few years.
    Framing has never been my strong point, I either get them too big, wrong color, too wide.. or something. But, given the nature of this picture I'd like to see it in a narrow black frame just to see if it made any difference at all.
    In any event it's a fine piece of work.
    Jarrell

16. Well Chris, Paul, Frank, Harris and Jarrell:
    I thank you all for looking in on my post....
    With a couple of you guy's talking about the frame, I decided to take a second look at it and see what could be done. I changed the wooden frame for a thin (Black) frame as Jarrell has suggested.... Boy what a difference.
    As I said in my first post, there is a lot of talent on this site and this talent just gave me a lesson on framing. To be honest I would not have considered a frame like this but it really works much better.
    Thanks for your input...

17. I really like this! It reminds me of paintings from the tirne of the last century in Sweden where I come from.

Would love to get a bit of education on your technicques on how to do this kind of work...

18. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Doug,

Could we see it with the new frame?

Thanks,

Frank

19. Jarrell

Jarrell

Feb 13, 2005
    Macon, Ga.
    Lol... Frank, I think he's going to tease us with it.. :)
    Jarrell

20. It is the Nikor 300mm f2.8 EDIF lens Doug and a fine lens it is. :D