Sorry it's no Viera!!

Discussion in 'Birds' started by james thiel, Oct 30, 2005.

1. I really wanted to go out yesterday and see if I could find an eagle in flight. Unfortunately the weather was pretty crummy here on the north side of Seattle. I sure wish I could have been at Viera with the others, oh well. I decided to go back to Juanita to see what I could find. The bad news was no eagles, the good news, lots and lots of ducks are arriving. I saw many Buffleheads, Ring-necked ducks, Canvasbacks, Gadwalls, Northern Shovelers, Wood Ducks, American Coots and others.

To save on space I will just post a kingfisher that landed in a nearby tree and a few of my favorites, the wood duck.

original.

I liked the light on this wood duck. It came real close once again.

original.

original.

And then this duck came right at me. I turned as fast as I could and fired one shot before it got too close. Not the best image but I still kind of liked it.

original.

Thanks for looking.

2. Nice shots KAmes, I really like the wood duck best!! Nice job!!!

3. Wow! Look at the colors on that Wood Duck!! Haven't ever seen one of those yet! Nice job, Jim!!

4. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Excellent Jim. I could hang every one on a wall.

5. Yeah, no Viera, but sweet shots...

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Excellent Wood Ducks. We don't have them in the wild in our area that I know of (yet)

I have a few from the zoo.

They are just gorgeous.

The duck flying at you is a riot. :>)))

7. Awesome one of my favorite waterfowls they are so beautiful look almost painted

8. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Jim,

As you say, not Viera, but you certainly can't complain about these. All excellent, but the Wood Duck is exemplary. Now I have another place that I need to visit. :rolleyes:

9. You gotta love wood ducks. They are unique in their kingdom. Nice shots.

10. Thanks all. Yes we are lucky to have this place as it provides a spot to go where you are likely to find some thing to shoot.

Frank you and any one else is always more than welcome to come visit. Just bring your rain gear!!!

11. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Wonderful shots of the Wood Duck and Kingfisher
    well done
    and don't be sorry :biggrin: