Sorry to be disloyal...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bendheim, Dec 23, 2005.

1. ..to my very most favourite forum but I posted a whole lot of D200 images over at DPR today. In view of all the blah blah comments there and the D200 angst floating about re batteries and so on, I thought I would try to make a positve contribution...not very good images, I'm afraid, but hopefully a bit positive at least.

My, but they do angst over there...

Anyway they are at

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1021&message=16402297

if you are interested...

2. Nicely done Peter, and a real reminder to the rest of us how lucky we are, especially at this time of year.

3. GeeJay

GeeJay

Jan 26, 2005
    Florida
    Thank you, Peter. The pictures you posted are wonderful and thanks for pointing us in that direction.

Best to you,
    Gaye

4. Your usual Peter: Excellent, captivating photography.

5. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Peter, your set was GREAT! Wonderful work, and a true joy to mankind! Christmas at it's best.

Unfortunately, your post at DPR got me reading some of the most popular threads there - man! What a vast wasteland!

6. An awesome job, Peter. All of the photos are striking. Thanks for sharing with us......even if they were "over there.":smile:

7. Great images Peter! I think that they say more about you than the camera! :biggrin:

8. MarkM

MarkM

Dec 20, 2005
    Tampa Florida
    Absolutely awesome pics!!!!!! The D200 captured an 'image', but you captured the 'essence' (sorry, a better word escapes me).

Your pictures definitely tell a heart and soul touching story that only a heartless zombie (words substituted here to spare the fcc sensors) could ignore.

Thank you for sharing and caring.

Happy Holidays
    Mark

9. Just wonderful. I am grateful to be able to see your work.

Any thoughts on the camera? The colors in your images are amazing.

10. Peter, with your photographic skills, you could shoot with a pinhole camera and have exquisite results! Thanks so much for sharing. :smile: It truly is a treat to see such marvelous pics.:smile:

11. I love your view of humanity, we are blessed to have you over here!
    Dave

12. Excellent shots Peter.

13. Beautiful photos. Thank you very much, Peter.

14. general

general

Apr 30, 2005
    Nebraska
    Outstanding

Peter, those photographs are outstanding and on a personal level have touched my heart. You captured the pathos inherent in the localized environment. Thank you, I hope your Christmas season is special.

15. Well Peter you have done it again. Great set of images. Makes me appreciate all that I and my family have. Well done.

16. PixelPete

PixelPete Guest

Peter,beautiful photos.You have a gift for this type photography thank you for sharing it.

17. Peter
    Thanks for sharing that series. What impressed me most was the joy in the children despite their hardship - makes me feel pretty small when I feel sorry for myself over some minor misfortune.

Merry Christmas.
    Don

18. Thank you so much everyone. I felt the need to fly the Nikon flag a little over at DPR in the hopes of getting people to stop worrying about sweating the small stuff...

Wishing all the good folk here a gentle and good Christmas and long may the good vibes at the Cafe prevail.

Thanks to Patrick and Flew for this wonderful website.

Best

Peter

19. Nice work! :biggrin:

Ming

20. Wonderful series Peter!! Your work inspires me on many levels.
    Happy Holidays to you!!