Sorting Images

You can do this with a variety of different programs - do you happen to own any of the following already? Lightroom, Idimager, IMatch can all do this for you.

I have Lightroom, but now do all my processing in CaptureNX2. What I'd like to be able to do is split my photos up quickly so that I can add my own amounts of NR for different ISO's

So you want to tag them some how so you can batch adjust each group in NX?? Since you have Lightroom, you might try doing a sort by ISO to start, then either assign a keyword, save to a Collection, color code or star rate if you want to be able to access again later, then do a batch rename of the images in Lightroom with an appropriate name to differentiate. Then when you open NX, you can pull them in by name.

If for some reason you are opposed to using Lightroom you should be able to do this with just about any database program.. PhotoMechanic or the like comes to mind.

I may have a look at PhotoMechanic. I'm not opposed to using Lightroom, I would just prefer to not have to use such a big package just to tag them.

But you're right, I'm basically looking to tag them.

Well...if they are going in LR anyway.. I'm assuming you use LR for cataloging etc..and NX for localized editing.

If you computer is halfway decent, the process I describe can be done in no time. In fact, you set up develop presets that will sort by ISO, tag or keyword and even get sorted to a Smart Collection all at import.

Latest threads

Top Bottom