Souk Madinat Exterior Views - Dubai

Souk Madinat is a shopping and entertainment complex, set between two hotels and around waterways near the Burj Al Arab hotel, as seen at a pitstop in a recent series of The Amazing Race. Here are a few views from a walkabout last night:

p729486100-5.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

p17641240-5.jpg

p330988483-5.jpg

p24486622-5.jpg

Bracketing and Photomatix Pro Exposure Fusion used to be my weapons of choice for low light photography on DX. I don't think I'll need it so much on FX now with the increased resolution. It just brings out too much textural detail :Curved:

I'll reprocess the correctly exposed images from the bracketed sets and see how I get on with those - it's all a learning curve, but an enjoyable one!

Thanks for the comments. I was learning bracketing 'boy style' on the D700 - i.e. not reading the manual! After a first couple of brackets I realised the camera was adjusting aperture rather than shutter speed but soon got the hang of things.

All of these were brackets of -2, -1, 0, +1, +2 and then blended using Photomatix Pro - using Exposure Fusion rather than HDR. Things generally come out more naturally using this method.

I'm still working on a little Sony Viao laptop until my new desktop arrives, so I haven't got much screen real estate to get into serious PS manual blending, so that's my general workflow at night when there's a large dynamic range to capture.

Great shots, Phil. It looks like a beautiful place and the photos are super. Not many people out walking after midnight in Dubai it seems. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Dave - these were taken at around 12:30 so most sane people were either in the attached nightclub or in bed. I was hanging around for the Costa Coffee shop shot though, as there were big groups coming out of the restaurant beneath, which would have mucked up the bracketing a bit.

I love these shots. I really miss my monthly trips to Dubai and these (and your other ones) bring back some great memories. Thank you.

Thanks guys - I'm liking the 24-70 on FX. This is replacing the long end of the Sigma 10-20 that I use on DX - VERY well! I've just put a bid in on a 14-24 locally so fingers crossed I'll have that in my bag soon as well. I'll have to revisit all my Dubai shots and retake with the better resolution, I think!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom