South Beach, 5/9/89 (5 pics)

Went to Miami for a meet 18 years ago (geez, I'm old) and shot these in my spare time. Scans are reasonably faithful to the original Kodachromes. Polaroid's software kicks butt on Vuescan for these, so I leave a usable OS9 on my ancient iBook. Camera/lens: good question. Pentax LX and 24-50. Longer stuff could be 85/1.4. Nothing else in the group looks much longer than that. Dang, Pentax made some good glass! Matter of fact, I took the LX and the 85 out just the other day. :biggrin:

I dug these out to share with boyfriend, as we're looking at Miami/Key West for the holidays. Yay travel p*rn!

Breakwater
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Carlyle
Obviously, my inability to hold a camera level is not a recent development. There's more detail to be had in the white columns. Another time.

Helen Mar

Deco decadence

Details

Mama don't take my Kodachrome away!

Real Name
Chris
Aye. I wish Kodachrome was still a viable option - the color of projected slides beats any digital on monitor I have ever seen! Your pix are no exception Nancy! I especially love those Art Deco details in your last slide. Nicely composed as well.

Isn't it fun pulling out the old film cameras? They rock! Thanks for posting these.

As a local that shoots Art Deco architecture (see my posts in the landscapes section), I'll tell you these are very nice. The Kodachrome colors are very nice and certainly different than the digital we get today. Well done.

Those colours are indeed really interesting.

I'd love to be able to do the same thing you did Nancy 18 years from now :biggrin:

M

matthew.paul

Great shots...and thanks for sharring. I just love seeing old photos here!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Aye. I wish Kodachrome was still a viable option - the color of projected slides beats any digital on monitor I have ever seen! Your pix are no exception Nancy! I especially love those Art Deco details in your last slide. Nicely composed as well.

Isn't it fun pulling out the old film cameras? They rock! Thanks for posting these.
Thanks, Chris! I used to love doing slide shows for friends. They could all ID the Kodachromes.

Yeah, must pull out old film cameras more often. Just have to get used to looking at all corners in those giant viewfinders... :smile:

As a local that shoots Art Deco architecture (see my posts in the landscapes section), I'll tell you these are very nice. The Kodachrome colors are very nice and certainly different than the digital we get today. Well done.
Thanks, Alex! Hope I get the chance to "comparison-shoot" soon. The Deco colors would be fantastic on any media. I also had very nice directional light thanks to post-rain clouds that day. I'll be sure to check out your work; thanks for the heads-up.

Those colours are indeed really interesting.

I'd love to be able to do the same thing you did Nancy 18 years from now :biggrin:
Watch out, Julien; you may look back and find your old stuff was better! :mad:

really nice I wish I would have been around to shoot kodachrome.
nils
Youth truly is wasted on the young. :wink:

Momma don't take my Kodachrome away ... unfortunately she did! These shots are wonderful.
Thanks, but... mmmm?

Kodachrome @ B&H

Processing at Dwayne's Photo

I just found 3 mystery rolls of K64, so I guess I'll give Dwayne's a try while I still can.

Thanks everyone for the compliments!

Real Name
Chris
They quit making the legendary KR25, and quit processing all kodachrome. KR64 and 200 still live on, but with only one (known) processor ... for how long?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
They quit making the legendary KR25, and quit processing all kodachrome. KR64 and 200 still live on, but with only one (known) processor ... for how long?
Yeah, exactly. Shoot your MacBeth color charts now, folks, and figure out a curve or something! :frown:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom