South Beach

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Czechman01, May 27, 2005.

1. I lived on South Beach from 1980 to 1993 and saw it go from a quiet paradise where you could rent a one bedroom apartment on Ocean Drive for $400 a month and have dinner at the R&R for $4 to a mad, swirling non-stop party where a shot of whiskey cost $10... if you could find a place to park.

These were taken in the mid-80s before the crowds arrived. They were originally shot on film with an FE2 and a 28mm f3.5 lens. I recently copied them, as a test, with a D100 and 60mm micro. All things considered, I would say that chromes and negs can be very successfully copied with a digital camera and a light table. A more elaborate set-up could possibly yield better copies and streamline copying lots of images.

I always loved that lens...

Woody

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I assume thats South Beach Miami ????

I lived there in the 50's and 60's lol

Great images. Thanks for sharing

3. Yea, South Miami Beach... that island city off the coast of Miami.

Despite what the tourist industry implies, Miami Beach is NOT a strip of sand along the coast of the city of Miami. It's a self-governing city island connected to the mainland by causeways.

Woody