Southern California meet up feeler thread

Discussion in 'Special Sessions, Events, and Tour Announcements' started by DarkGT, Jun 8, 2007.

1. DarkGT

DarkGT

May 27, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    Would anyone in the Southern California region have any interest in a get-together in San Diego sometime this summer? I am jealous of all the east coast people BBQ'ing and hanging out! I was thinking we could BBQ, go shoot around SD, or go shoot around SD first then BBQ that evening? Just a thought, I am interested in seeing how much interest there would be. I would be happy to host at my home, its no mansion but it's pretty nice. It would be cool to collaborate, see what gear people shoot with, trade tricks and tips etc... Whaddya think?

2. DBrim

DBrim

May 30, 2007
    Boston, MA
    I might go if I could get a ride from another person from SoCal that would be coming down from LA. I don't have a car, so that would make transportation rather difficult. It does sound like fun, though.

3. DarkGT

DarkGT

May 27, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    lol Brim, looks like you and i are the only ones...

4. Great idea, I'm up for it. I'll be gone most of July and August though, but I'm pretty free otherwise.

I'm in Orange County, but the drive is only a little over an hour for me. SD is a great place to shoot, maybe we could meet up in Balboa park in the morning some time for example?

I know someone who's not a member of the cafe, but shots Nikon. Might be able to get him to come along.

5. DarkGT

DarkGT

May 27, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    Yeah we could do that, Blaboa Park, Coronado, a few surf breaks around town that are usually pretty good etc. I will see what I can come up with, see if we can drum up some more interest on here, it seems like there are quite a few people in and around SD here...

6. I'd fly in for it! Sounds like a lot of fun... and I'd dearly love it if we could include the SD Zoo! I hear it's terrific.... If not, I could just stay and shoot it on my own....

7. William

William Guest

I'm interested- and remember, Baja California would be close.....