Southern Indiana Countryside

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by shadow, Oct 24, 2005.

1. I was returning back to Ohio from a day in Indiana (It's a football thing) and the sky provided an incredible sight. I contemplated whether I wanted to stop or not to take a picture and figured I wouldn't get many opportunities to capture something so beautiful again. I'm not sure I even was able to do it justice.

[​IMG]

LInk to full size here Full size version

comments and suggestions on how I could have improved this are welcome. Shot with D50 and Sigma 24-70mm lens at f8. Shot as an NEF and converted using RSE. Resized with some USM in Photoshop.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2005
  2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very Dramatic sky. Excellent rays of light.

Tough to find.
    Glad you took the time.

You link does not work for me here though.

3. Corrected the link, sorry for the error.

4. Awe inspiring image. Glad you took the time to share it.

5. Bob Coutant

Bob Coutant Moderator Moderator

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    Nice image Neal -- that's the way I remember Indiana, looking back over my shoulder on my way from Purdue to central Ohio. :smile:
    It's purely a matter of personal preference, but I think I'd try raising the brightness and saturation slightly in the ground level. I looked at your original, and there's plenty of fine detail present -- raising the brightness slightly would show that detail without destroying the mood. There's even some color in the trees on the right that could be brought out a little to complement the sky.

6. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    I love pictures like that. I often see scenes likes that when driving in the car and gets angry at myself for not having the camera ready.

7. Very nice yes dont let moments like that slip away from you

8. Nice,, Like the god beams...