Southern Traverse

Discussion in 'Wanderlust and Travel' started by Broyer, May 23, 2007.

1. Broyer

Broyer

Apr 26, 2006
    North Carolina
    The southern traverse is a trail, with history dating back to the civil war, that runs over 32 miles near Staunton VA. I was able to pack my d50 on one day and my d200 on a short road ride through the Shenandoah Valley area the next.

What follows are some randoms photos from last weekends mountain bike trip with 7 of my local cycling buddies.

508305336_6dee6b7832_o.

I zoomed the Sigma 18-50 f2.8 while taking this shot.

View attachment 97188

Carter single speeding up George's Camp trail on his way to the top of the ridge. Off Camera flash fired with a pocket wizard. Flash was held in my outstretched hand.

View attachment 97189

More off camera flash here. It was strapped to a tree at camera left. Ben is focused as he guts out the miles.

View attachment 97190

James in the same location as the other photo but I slowed the shutter speed down a bit.

View attachment 97191

Bill C. with Ben chasing him. Sections of the trail were tiny and the fall off was steep. Flash was strapped to a tree to camera left and I was up the slope a touch.

View attachment 97192

No flash here, just natural light. Bill C on one of the many ridges we cruized on our 32 mile ride.

View attachment 97193

Close up with Ben. Flash to camera left fired via Pocket Wizard.

View attachment 97194

That's me checking out the view on South Sister's Knob just prior to the final decent. Photo taken by Carter.

The next day I lugged the d200, 28-70 and a 10.5 fisheye out on the road bike for a cool down ride through the valley. Rolling roads and a beutiful morning.

View attachment 97195

The beast in the valley...

View attachment 97196

View attachment 97197

I thought this bridge looked cool with the fisheye. I have many more photos, but I have to run. I'm going riding again!

Cheers,

Tim