Southwest Airlines

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by greyflash, Oct 5, 2005.

1. Image taken through the terminal window while waiting to board.

2. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Thats a neat shot Gordon. Can't tell if the Co-Pilot is smiling or not.

Thanks,

3. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Nice shot, Gordon! Must be the only terminal in the world with clean windows to allow a shot like that.

4. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

5. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    What's wrong with cowling?

6. PJohnP

PJohnP

Feb 5, 2005
    Nothing. This is pretty standard on a lot of the newer engines/models.

7. PJohnP

PJohnP

Feb 5, 2005
    Gordon :

Darned good luck for you that some TSA person didn't come and try and conficate the camera. I've had a couple tell me "it's illegal to carry a camera in an airport" when they've seen it out of the bag, the camera slung over my shoulder (and not being used to shoot at the time). One threatened to "take the camera away from you for good" if I didn't put it away. Feh.

No cognizence of the regs and rules on this unfortunately. It casts a poor light on all the hardworking and good people doing that work.

I've also seen them try and confiscate house and car keys on occasion because "they're too long under the rules." That last one I was in the line behind the person, and they ended up calling the security supervisor to overrule the screener. Messy, messy...

In the end, it's easier for me to forego the shots than miss the flight.

John P.

8. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    They must've dropped it and squashed the bottom.

9. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

10. Rob

Rob

Jul 28, 2005
    Truro, Cornwall, UK
    There's nothing wrong with the cowling, the rest of the belly is just as flat. :smile:
    Here's a site that specializes in aviation photography. Some of the shots show what happens when things go wrong, usually it's spectacular. I researched some of the heli shots, found a couple which had yours truly as the driver. :Shocked: Actually it's quite peculiar to be part of something stored on the web, but unaware of the photos; I thought they were just sitting there tuned into the frequencies.
    http://www.airliners.net/search/?

Have a look at this lucky lucky crew!
    http://www.airliners.net/open.file?id=926274

11. That cowling looks like it's had a few hard landings!! LOL Nice to know they bounce so well and not fall off! :wink:
    Seriously, love the colouring of this shot - the blues are nice and vibrant, complementing the sandy hills.

12. Thanks everyone and yes I was worried about parading around with my D2h in hand. The gate agents pretty much ignored me but then again, I am old and harmless.

13. That is one cool photo Gordon - love the colors.

14. Thanks for looking and for your comments Rory.

15. Gordon;

I recognize that as the Salt Lake airport. Nice shot with the brilliant colors against the mountains east of Salt Lake. Now, the question is, where were you off to? Any place exciting?

This brings another question to my feeble mind. Do you allow your camera gear to go through the x-ray machine? When I was shooting film I insisted (gently) that the security people look at the camera rather than run it through the machine due to film damage from x-rays. I've heard of computer discs being erased by the magnetic fields generated by the equipment motors. Any effect on CF cards?

16. Hi Brian, I was off to Oregon for the funeral of my mother-in-law. She had lived with us for 12 years here in St. George, UT, but her husband was buried in Oregon where they used to live so we had the funeral there.

The CF cards are not affected by the security machines, at least I have never heard of one. I have taken my camera through security many time without a problem. I did used to have them hand inspect my film camera.

Thanks for your comments of my daughter and granddaughter.