Southwest Florida Sunset in Black and White (EDIT: Added Color photo)

On my recent trip to Florida (Gulf Coast) I captured a pretty cool sunset and decided to convert it to B&W to give it a different feel. I really like the way it came out, I feel like it makes you wonder what the colors actually were. C&C always welcome

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited by a moderator:
Will, I like it! This is more than "a sunset" -- the interesting content [the cloud structure, the pier, the trees, the sunbeams] and the distribution of tonal levels combine to make a very interesting image.:cool:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Will, I like it! This is more than "a sunset" -- the interesting content [the cloud structure, the pier, the trees, the sunbeams] and the distribution of tonal levels combine to make a very interesting image.:cool:
Thank you! I was thrilled when I saw the sun shafts coming through, I'm glad they turned out after processing

A very nice image indeed! Composition and the variety of tones are perfect. Is it a well succeeded HDR?
Yes! I forgot to put some processing notes in here. It was a 3 shot HDR (originally processed in color) and then converted to Black and White using Silver Efex

That is actually quite beautiful; I really like it!
Thank you. I was the best shot from my trip

Real Name
Randy
is this topazed ? If not please explain the PP.....thx

I do like it alot but now I wonder what it looks like in color, can you pls post the color version

is this topazed ? If not please explain the PP.....thx

I do like it alot but now I wonder what it looks like in color, can you pls post the color version
Hey Randy! I didn't use Topaz. I used Photomatix to blend the color HDR shots. I used Nik Silver Efex to do the B&W conversion.

I'm not going to be home again until next Wednesday, but I will post the color version when I get back.

Here is the color version. Keep in mind, I didn't make any changes to the warmth or saturation because I had always planned to make this a B&W image.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom