Sox vs. Yanks 4/20

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by natethomas, Apr 21, 2007.

1. I took a few shots at the first game between the Red Sox and NY Yankees last night at Fenway. What a comeback!!!!
    Shots are with D200 & 80-200 AF-S + TC except for the panorama of Fenway. ISO was between 800 and 1000 and the pictures are a bit noisy as a result. My computer is 6+ years old so I don't have the option of shooting RAW or using photoshop yet.
    Here are the shots:

Manny being 'Manny':
    467742735_a619f2832d_b.

Manny at bat:
    467772742_a5a0ca4798_b.

Schilling:
    467772748_62b7d5f08d_b.

Pettitte:
    467772708_43e0191aab_b.

The view from our seats:
    467742801_11fcb8d659_b.

A-Rod:
    Tickets to the game - $50
    Seeing Giambi get off watching A-Rod bat - priceless!
    467739960_ebb2a232de_b.

2. Glacier

Glacier

Jan 17, 2006
    Boaz, Alabama
    Great images!

I watched the game on TV and couldn't believe the Sox came back. Typical baseball game, exciting, boring, then exciting again. I've been a Sox fan since the early 70's. I like to watch the American League brand of baseball since all we see here is National League games. (Atlanta Braves)

How cool was the Coco Crisp flip over the wall? I was glad to see him get the big hit later in the game.

3. bett

bett

Mar 31, 2007
    New Hampshire
    PRICELESS!!!

Cripes, I laughed so hard I woke up my wife!!!

Priceless?, Thats "Precious"!

Nate, I'm only about three hours north of you, and I generally go down to
    Fenway once a year. I'll post a few from last year.

Ain't it great to see the Yanks get beat?! and again tonight too!

Regards, Roger

4. Great images Nate. Noise doesn't seem like an issue on these to me. LMAO too! Maybe Giambi is just making sure he still has them.

5. ZBaum

ZBaum Guest

Great shots. The game was supposed to be on ESPN, but was blacked out here in NY because YES was also broadcasting (but my college's cable TV doesn't get YES...). I sure do miss my NESN :frown:. I really enjoyed watching today's game though. Go Sox!

6. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Good shooting Nate...the Giambi capture made me laugh as well. I like the wide shot of the ballfield, very nicely done.

7. Absolutely Great Shots!

Absolutely great shots...don't think you *need* NEF or Photoshop!!:smile:

8. Thanks for all the comments. It sure was great to see Mr. Rivera work his usual magic at Fenway. He got a standing ovation on Saturday on his way to the bullpen! Now tonight we will be able to see how Dice-K fares against a good lineup.

9. Nice job the Sox were able to overcome Arods two homers