1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

SP AF70-200F2.8 Di LD IF (BIM)

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by phillip 200, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Although it's not a lens I use a lot I do find my copy sharper wide-open @ 200mm than either of the two 70-200 vr nikkors I have had and sold.

Having purchased this lens a while ago knowing its shortcomings (the slow autofocus) I was surprised to find out that after fitting the sigma 1.4tc the autofocus was actually faster than without it ??? Which points out that it is tamron who are intentionally reducing the speed of the autofocus I didn't notice any chattering or the autofocus being more inaccurate.

Here are a few shots taken from the back garden this weekend all are shot wide-open F2.8 + 1.4 tc = F4 on the D300.

Phil.

This one is with the d700 @f2.8 200mm
    [​IMG]
    d300
    [​IMG]
    d300
    [​IMG]

:biggrin::smile:

2. ultimind

ultimind

May 13, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Excellent samples. I will definitely add some of my shots from this lens when I get home later.

For ~$549, this is a true sleeper lens. Macro performance is excellent, and at f/4, it's as sharp as almost anything.

3. Hi & thanks.

Phil.
    :smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.