Space ships!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gho, Nov 29, 2005.

1. gho

gho

Feb 7, 2005
    California
    Some shots for you - honest critiques appprecicated (be brutal). Hope it's okay to post this here. If not, I guess the mods will just move it anyways.

A display of the Voyager and Enterprise at the entrance of "Star Trek: The Experience" at the Las Vegas Hilton.
    [​IMG]
    Click to make bigger

Shark Approach: A shot of a shark at the Mandalay Bay Shark Reef exhibit.
    [​IMG]
    Click to make bigger

Shark Fly-by
    [​IMG]
    Click to make bigger

Candy Apple: Candy apple on display at the Bellagio Hotel in Las Vegas.
    [​IMG]
    Click to make bigger

Taking a Photo of a Shark: Ximina grabs a shot of a shark as it swims by.
    [​IMG]
    Click to make bigger

Something Scary Out There: Ximina looks out for sharks in the dark waters of Shark Reef at the Mandalay Bay.
    [​IMG]
    Click to make bigger

Alligator Peaking Out:
    [​IMG]
    Click to make bigger

Monitor Lizard:
    [​IMG]
    Click to make bigger

2. heiko

heiko

May 15, 2005
    Israel
    Hello Gregory,

The shots are very nice. I particularly like the shark pictures (how did you get them? - they move pretty quick). I think the alligator picture also works well. But my real favorite is the second picture of your daughter - "something scary out there". It somehow pulles one into the mood and feeling - I'm already scared.

3. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Excellent work Greg, loved all of them.

4. strobel

strobel

Apr 30, 2005
    Algonquin, IL
    Wonderful group of photos. I must agree with Heiko the one of your daughter is a keeper. The facial expression certainly fits.

5. How did you do Aligator peaking out?

That is one really fantastic image. Please do share the EXIF info with us.

Thanks so much.

6. gho

gho

Feb 7, 2005
    California
    Thanks... A combination of a fast lense (50mm f/1.4), high ISO (800) and an off-camera SB800 - all on a D70, would have been better with the D2h (well, at least it would have been easier to get a good shot).

I'm glad you liked the "Something Scary" shot, I wasn't quite sure if it worked okay.

7. gho

gho

Feb 7, 2005
    California
    Thanks Steve... Wish I got more shots. I'll have to try again next weekend.

8. gho

gho

Feb 7, 2005
    California
    Thanks. Actually, she's listening to an earpiece that's describing stuff in the tank - she's in deep concentration mode. But it looks like she's scared and it goes with the black abyss so that's why I named it like that. I'm glad you liked it.

9. gho

gho

Feb 7, 2005
    California
    EXIF is actually in the photo - I don't strip EXIF info in my photos.

It was shot with the 50mm f/1.4 @f/1.8 1/13" Aperture Priority +1EV no flash. Shot through acrylic hand-held.

10. Spaceships & other

Great shots, I like the croc shot, that eye to eye makes me glad I'm a bit to far for them, just killer skeeters up here, thanks for sharing looking forward to more.
    Darrell