Space Shuttle Launch (edit) Link for those interested

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gale, Jul 12, 2005.

1. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    How many of you Florida or or others going to go see the Space Shuttle launch tomorrow.

I am going. Would like to meet up with anyone else going perhaps.

http://www.space.com/returntoflight/

Clicd on ..Click here to watch. Updates all day.

2. PJohnP

PJohnP

Feb 5, 2005
    Re: Space Shuttle Launch

Gale :

We'll be looking for some great VR-VR-VR-VR images from you of this !

John P.

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Hi JP....

Boy I sure hope so.

Been waiting for 24 years for some pro type gear to do this.

Oh if i only had a 500mm
    :<(((((

Hope conditions are good and get what I have in my mind that I really want.

GOOOO DISCOVERY..

I have been up close and personal with this one. she has my hand print on her :>)) (well burnt off by now)

She is a rudy looking ship after all these years.

4. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Can't wait to see what you get Gale! Wish we could be there too! Patrick and I were just talking last night about how much fun it would be for the boys to see a shuttle launch. Maybe one day.......We can at least show them your pictures though, right? ;-)

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Liegh,

You have to be there to feel and seee. This can not be explained.

If you ever decide to do it, write to nasa and get a pass, wellll in advance, to get on the causeway, right across from the launch site.

All I can say it is amazing.

If you don't see me for a week , I got zilch. I will be pouting for along time.

6. Hi Gale,
    Can't make this launch but my co-worker has VIP passes. He's really excited. Will be looking forward to some of your shots with your new lens and tc! :)

7. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Wow Gale - you are living my dream! I've been wanting to see a launch since Alan Sheppard went up on the end of a redstone wearing a Mercury capsule!

Good luck and HAVE FUN!!!!

8. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

Sounds as though you will have a ball....

9. I'm green with envy. Have a great time.

10. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    I commented to my wife, hey, am I crazy to drive down in two days for the launch? Now that I heard it is postponed, I am glad I didn't make the trip, but sorry, for the delay.

Wade

gald to see it is back on schedule, a quick easy repair, great news. now i wish i had driven down, :(

11. Gale - That is great. Get lots of pics.

Maybe you could rent a 500? I have heard some places rent lenses but I do not know if this economical. But that sure would be neat. Or perhaps you could do the telescope of monoscope and attachment thingy. But I do not know how much that would degrade the pics. Anyway, I will be looking for some very nice pics from you for sure. Have a great time!

12. Hope all goes wll with the launch and that you will capture some images for us to see.

13. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Thanks all !!!!!!

I am hoping for the best.

Shuttle Launch is NOT delayed as yet. Everything is

GO FOR LAUNCH at this time.

Weather is everything, right now. There is only a 10 minute launch window.

They will monitor the upper level winds closely.

Kevin wish I had a VIP pass :>)))

Have viewed the launch in the past closer than the press. NO photo gear... GOOOOO figure.

14. Is that a daytime launch, I heard that the nightime launch are quite spectacular.

15. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
  16. JamesMor

JamesMor

Jun 28, 2005
    New York
    Gp Get'em, Gale!

I still regret that I had the opportunity to see a satalite called Galex go up from Florida. One of my brothers had helped work on it and I was invited to go see be launched (It was launched from a plane, as I recall).

The fact that it is going up again after two years kind of brings with it a lot of nervous energy - much like what many of us felt when we first started seeing Columbia go up over 20 years ago.

Can't wait to see the pictures!
    -JM

17. Maybe I'll bring my cam into work today. It'll be interesting to see how well my tele-combo will capture the launch. Might make for an interesting comparison. :D

18. Go get them Gale cant wait to see wht you brng back, enjoy yourslef sure wish I could check that out

19. Gale - I am bummed for you.

They just said on TV (1.45 pm Central Time) that the launch was cancelled.

20. I was out at lunch and the BeeLine which is only 1 of 2 roads from Central FL into the Space Coast was backed up bumper to bumper for miles. Bet those people are happy! Not! :( They were expecting 250,000 people to head towards the Space Center to watch the launch.