Space......

Discussion in 'Miscellany' started by woundedmallard, Oct 2, 2008.

1. the final frontier. To boldly go where no........oops, launch scrubbed again!

Got some pics though!
    Caught the roll-out of Atlantis. Then they had it uncovered on the pad for a few days. Will get the launch whenever it goes and I've recently done a favor for someone out there and have been told I'll get to see a landing as well, when it happens!
    Here's a few I got so far.....

original.

View attachment 261765

View attachment 261766

View attachment 261767

View attachment 261768

I thought this was an interesting composition to be able to from the shuttle with the mowing tractors. Wish the light was a little better.
    View attachment 261769

View attachment 261770

View attachment 261771

View attachment 261772

2. Very nice. I can't wait to see the launch photos :smile:

3. pr549f2678

pr549f2678

Jun 26, 2007
    central Fl
    Tom,

Very nice pictures, how did you get so close? is that a picture of you?

Long time since we talked.

Phil...................:smile:

4. Thanks Scott, Phil. I work out on the Cape Air force base, which enables me to get pretty good access.
    Yep, that's me! :biggrin: First shot I had someone take the pic, I figured what the heck, everyone else around me was getting pix of themselves in front of it.
    The second was on a timer and tripod. I'll be sure to post when I get the launches. I'm real excited about being able to get a landing shot though. Now just have to hope for good conditions as they sometimes get redirected to California. We shall see.

5. Great capture...wish i was there too:smile:

6. DM Rosner

DM Rosner

Dec 13, 2006
    Wow, it must be great to be able to get that close! I'm jealous (though I have to admit, being able to see the launches from my back yard isn't too bad--sure beats when I lived in New England and only to to see TV!)

Great shots!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.