Space......

Discussion in 'Miscellany' started by woundedmallard, Oct 2, 2008.

1. the final frontier. To boldly go where no........oops, launch scrubbed again!

Got some pics though!
    Caught the roll-out of Atlantis. Then they had it uncovered on the pad for a few days. Will get the launch whenever it goes and I've recently done a favor for someone out there and have been told I'll get to see a landing as well, when it happens!
    Here's a few I got so far.....

original.gif

View attachment 261765

View attachment 261766

View attachment 261767

View attachment 261768

I thought this was an interesting composition to be able to from the shuttle with the mowing tractors. Wish the light was a little better.
    View attachment 261769

View attachment 261770

View attachment 261771

View attachment 261772

2. Very nice. I can't wait to see the launch photos :smile:

3. pr549f2678

pr549f2678

Jun 26, 2007
    central Fl
    Tom,

Very nice pictures, how did you get so close? is that a picture of you?

Long time since we talked.

Phil...................:smile:

4. Thanks Scott, Phil. I work out on the Cape Air force base, which enables me to get pretty good access.
    Yep, that's me! :biggrin: First shot I had someone take the pic, I figured what the heck, everyone else around me was getting pix of themselves in front of it.
    The second was on a timer and tripod. I'll be sure to post when I get the launches. I'm real excited about being able to get a landing shot though. Now just have to hope for good conditions as they sometimes get redirected to California. We shall see.

5. Great capture...wish i was there too:smile:

6. DM Rosner

DM Rosner

Dec 13, 2006
    Wow, it must be great to be able to get that close! I'm jealous (though I have to admit, being able to see the launches from my back yard isn't too bad--sure beats when I lived in New England and only to to see TV!)

Great shots!