Spanish Translation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by greyflash, Mar 29, 2007.

1. I don't have anyone handy that can help me to translate a Spanish comment left on one of my images and was in hopes that someone could help me.

Here is the comment: Hola chicos les felicito la secion de fotos esta increible ñaño soy la negrita muy lindas las fotos los dos estan bien y christine usted es muy bonita asi que mis sobrinos saldran lindos bye
    att
    MONIKITA

Here is the image:

original.

2. Not always perfect, but Babel Fish does a decent job. Especially considering the price.

The results were interesting for your comment though:

Hello small I congratulate secion to them of very pretty photos this incredible ñaño I am the negrita the photos both estan well and christine you are very pretty asi that my pretty nephews saldran bye

3. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Very roughly, as I only pretend to speak spanglish: Hi kids, congratulations on the incredible photo, I'm your aunt. Estan looks good and Christine is beautiful, my nephew is pretty.

4. Thanks all. Of course your translation Chris is very helpful.

5. I'm a bit hesitant to do this, as my spanish is out of practice (I lived in Mexico City for a little while but am far from fluent). It's difficult to parse without punctuation! Here is my attempt:

Hello guys, I enjoyed this section/gallery of photos. It's incredible, friend.
    The lady in black is very pretty. The two photos are very good, and Christine is very pretty, as pretty as my nieces/nephews will become.

Two notes: ñaño means friend or older brother/sister, or some type of slang I don't know about.

saldran is the future tense of salir, which I usually use to mean "to leave or to "come out". I think it's better translated as to become or "to blossom into" in this case.

There might be some slang that I'm missing or misunderstanding, or some nuance that I'm getting wrong.

I hope this helps a little...

-- Chuck

p.s. Chris' translation might be better than mine. I just saw it after I wrote this out and took a break for lunch. I'm sending this out anyway because I might learn something. Feel free to correct me.

6. Hey Chuck you hit the nail on the head and saved me un poco de tiempo in the translation:smile:

7. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Don't count on it! My Mexican friends get a good laugh at my expense every time I speak Spanish!

8. I kind of mentioned it to my sleepy Spanish speaking wife (how she learned it I will never know) and all she said was...

estás loco

9. Lack of punctuation doesn't help, so here's my best guess :
    Hi guys, congratulations. The photos are just incredible. Hey, bro', I'm "negrita" (refering to a nickname based on her skin or hair dark colour- she's identifying herself). Really nice photos, you both look good. As for you, Christine, you are very beautiful so I'm sure my nephews will come out nice looking too (a smiley is implied here).