1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Featured "Speaking words of Wisdom...let it Bee..."

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Bohdan, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Bee meditation:
    Bee%20on%20a%20lupin%203350-X3.

• Like Like x 1
  2. 2 bees, or not 2 bees . . . sorry, couldn't resist! Nice stuff, you can see the pollen on his legs.

3. thanks Nick...I really like what the 300 pf can do for "Macro" or close up photography even with a 1.4 tc attached

As a side note: we were worried about the lack of bees noticed around our neighbourhood. Read the reports that bee populations are declining. Worrisome, considering the benefits that they provide for agriculture; flora in general. Not to forget the wonderful honey they allow us to harvest.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
  4. Same story about bees down here. Granted, honey bees are introduced, but even native bumblebees are down in numbers.

5. Neighbour just this year started keeping bees, hopefully might help in our neighbourhood. Hmm...I have the room. All I need is the interest and of course aptitude for bee keeping....."Nush...what do you think? Nush? "

6. Nice Bob. Somebody needs a macro lens(y).

7. These are really nice! Also like your thread title.....LOL! Now I've got that song running through my head..... !!!

8. Nah I've had three that had little use because of sporadic interest. I prefer the multi use ability of the 300 pf for these kind of images.
    Thanks Connie...I know eh..ear wig

9. rick_reno

rick_reno

Dec 3, 2012
    N Idaho
    Crystal clear, great color and detail. I’ve seen a few of those yellow and orange bees this year, but only a few.

10. Thanks Rick..as I mentioned above, there seems to be fewer of them around this year.

11. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Sweet image, a cafe member sent me a note suggesting this as a feature, and I picked your second image, love the balance and symmetry.

12. Looks like "A Day in the Life!" Beautiful detail and colors!

13. Thanks very much. I'm honoured to be considered for the feature page, and am very happy that someone was kind enough to suggest my post. And, prefer the second image as well.

14. Thanks very much Dossy

15. Enjoying these Bob, nice work!

16. Thanks Brian. Going to CRC on wed. Aug 1st for drop in.

17. Thanks for letting me know. I will see what I can do to join you but rate the chances as low. First of the month is difficult for a working stiff in my business.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.