Spear Fishing

Discussion in 'Birds' started by HarryB, Sep 26, 2005.

1. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Hi you'll

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Nice shots, Harry! I love that blue reflecting in the water. Sorry I didn't get to see you this weekend. I got there kinda late on Sat and couldn't go on Sun. Hopefully, in the upcoming weeks I'll get back there. Seems the temps getting more tolerable now.

Didn't see the eagle but as you suggested, the Caracara made an appearance at the secondary tree. I did see and shoot a yellow crowned night heron, which was a first for me. Never have seen one there before. Hope to get them posted soon.

Take care,

3. Trish5

Trish5

Mar 31, 2005

4. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Hey Kevin,

Sorry I missed you on Saturday but I had to leave early. Anytime you want to shoot in Viera let me know and we will hook up.

I've seen the eagles in passing but so far the only one to come in shooting range was that juvenile bald eagle of a week and a half ago, That night heron is our token night heron. He's been hanging around for awhile now and he's the only night heron I have seen there these last 14 months.

5. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida

6. Quite a series of shots your have here. The GBH appears to be an awesome fisher. Well taken images.

7. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Not tired of saying that I always enjoy viewing your work so much!!

To bad were so far about (in distance) think we could really shootem up together :biggrin: :wink:

If I had to pick one I'd go with #1, but like the whole set.

Did you just come upon him fishing or did you wait him out. Still trying to get decent one myself, ours just seem to catch them little shinners around here. :frown:

8. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Thanks Gordon. That GBH doesn't move very often but every time he moves he gets something to eat.

9. Angelo

Angelo

Sep 19, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Gee Harry....

They don't get much better.

So I'm wondering... doesn't a speared fish = a stuck fish?

10. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Hey Ben,

Thanks for the kind words. You really should come out to Florida for a visit. If you behave I'll even introduce you to THE TREE. :biggrin:
    You can stay at my place. My rates are cheap (you can mow the lawn or clean the pool). :smile:

I waited this guy out. With GBHs and Great Egrets you have to wait them out. They do a lot of the "bird as a staute" stuff but sooner or later (usually later) they get interesting. The smaller herons and egrtes are much more fun because they are much more active when they are hunting.

11. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    I asked the fish that question. He didn't see too much of a difference. :biggrin: