Special family times

Discussion in 'People' started by Terri French, Oct 15, 2005.

1. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Wedding preparations are a family affair at our house. We've had some good times together lately.

Here is the engaged couple--getting married 5 weeks from today.

My 7 month old grandson--alone and with his mother (my oldest daughter).
    View attachment 16853

View attachment 16854

In his P.J's with a softfocus action I downloaded from action central--(does it work or not)?

View attachment 16855

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2005
  2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Beautiful family Terri.

You memories in images wil last the ages.

Well done.

3. Hi Terry,

Beautiful family photos! The first one of your grandson in particular, the side lighting is perfect, and the sharpness of the eyes and the catch light, and yet the softness all round! I think you are shooting at f/1.8 with a 50mm lens?

Thanks for sharing.

Regards,
    Jonathan

4. Beautiful photos, Terri. Just by looking at the photos, I can feel the happiness in your family. And what a lovely couple (your son-in-law seems to be more comfortable with the camera now :smile: ). Thanks for sharing.

5. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    I always enjoy your posts, Terri. Your daughter and her soon-to-be-husband look so in love! Can't wait to see wedding pictures!

Your grandson just gets cuter and cuter by the minute! His eyes just make me smile...

Thanks so much for sharing!

6. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Gale, Jonathan, Phil, and Leigh
    Thank you all for making comments on my pictures. It's fun to share my family happenings here. I appreciate you taking the time to look and comment.

7. That kid is just wonderful.

It's a dull, damp Monday morning here but you've just brightened my day considerably.

8. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Thanks Clive.
    I think he is wonderful, too. Of course, I am SUPPOSED to think he is wonderful so I am very prejudiced.

He is a joy to me, for sure.

9. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Beautiful family and photographed very nicely, Terri. I'll bet you have a few hundred engagement images and several hundred of that very handsome young gentleman!!! Does the family tease you because you are always shooting pictures? Thanks for sharing your family with us, Terri.

10. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    I don't have HUNDREDS (yet). But I am giving it my best try!!!!

Actually, the family used to moan and groan when I got out the camera, but now they are starting to really appreciate it. It's nice that they want me to take photos of them.

(Not my 16 year old or my husband, though). Oh well, the grandson is always a willing subject, for the time being.

11. I see you've been busy raising family photography to an art form, Terri :smile:. Very nice work, particularly on the shots of your grandson. That first one needs to be printed, matted, and framed! It's seriously wonderful.

As you know, I'm deeply involved in composing an engagement photo at the moment. I think it's much more demanding than shooting a wedding, because you have to narrow down to a single picture that's flattering to each of the subjects and, at the same time, shows their relationship. The problem is, the closer you look at any individual shot, the more room there is for improvement :Unsure:.

I took over 80 shots, with various backgrounds and poses, and the couple can't make up their mind between these two. They're probably going to split the their order for 4x6s, to be included in their Christmas cards, but enlargements for the grandmoms will be from the first shot.

View attachment 16857

View attachment 16858

Enjoy your wedding preparations. The happy couple is lucky indeed to have such a talented photographer in the family!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2005
  12. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    As I am certain that you will agree, your images will be cherished like jewels someday. When they are older, they will absolutely love looking at themselves when they were younger...don't we all? Nice shooting, Terri.

13. JayR

JayR

Jul 6, 2005
    Redmond, WA.
    Wonderful family photos. I really love the photographs of your grandson. Very cute and seems to have a permanent smile etched in his face. I love it.

I also like the soft focus action on the grandkid shot. Good work.

ALL of them are framing material IMHO.

Regards,

14. Terri,

These are fantastic. That first shot of your grandson is especially nice, but they are all very nicely lit and executed. Very well done!

15. Hi Terri and congrats on these latests family images. Good job on all of them them and it looks like the anticipation is starting to mount. This will be a fun time for your entire family.

16. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Best wishes in finalizing your engagement photo. I know how much my daughter and her fiance agonized over theirs. For some reason, they think it is a very important decision. I guess it's good that they can learn to make decisions together on something so unimportant as a photograph. Little do they know what BIG things will be coming their way.

Anyway--have fun doing this for your couple. Hope you land their wedding. I'm only going to take a few photos at my daughter's wedding. I've hired a photographer to do most of the work. I just want to sit back and enjoy the day!!

Thanks for your comments on my photos here.

17. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    I think they are starting to appreciate all the pictures already. Now, I just need someone to take a few more of me before I get too much more gray hair.

18. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Thanks Jay. That little guy does have a permanent smile etched on his face. Hope it stays that way. He is a happy baby.

19. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Thanks for commenting David. Glad you think the lighting is ok. I still feel unsure about it most of the time. I am learning, though.

20. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Thanks Gordon. Yes the wedding is one month from today. It is a happy time for us. He really is a wonderful young man, and they are so cute together. I just hope I can survive all the preparations. It will get hectic from here on out.