Special Hummer Pic

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Uncle Frank, Jun 17, 2005.

1. I've taken hundreds of hummer-pics, but they're mostly of the males. The females' diets run towards protein, they're shy,
    and the males usually chase them away from the feeder... except when they're in season. It must be romance time, because
    I caught this beautiful female Anna's Hummingbird sipping the syrup a few minutes ago.

The background is a blooming oleander bush. I used the 80-200/2.8D ED combined with the Kenko Pro 1.4x TC to get a FOV
    of 420mm for this image. It's one of the best I've managed to take of a female. Ain't she purty :)?

2. Pretty is not the right word, she is stunning. Excellent capture Frank.

3. Thanks, Gordon! In case you couldn't tell, I'm very pleased with this one 8).

4. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Frank...all that I can do is shake my head. That is absolutely gorgeous! Congratulations on a great capture!!!

5. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    WOW, Great capture, Frank! She's a beautiful bird!

6. Thanks, Frank and Don!

7. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    If I was a boy hummer, I know I'd sure go for her.... 8)

Nice capture Frank.

8. This photo is perfect in every way. Great work UF

9. I liked the composition, in between red flowers. I wish I could take picture of hummingbirds, there's only one kind near my house, I tried 3-4 times last year and before I was ready, they were gone.

10. ... And we've got another winner! :lol: That's a very fine image, my friend, spectacular in fact., and yes, she's purty alright! 8) The background is just about perfect to complement and highlight the little beastie!

11. I think the red of the background really helps to make her stand out. Very nice, indeed!