Special morning shave

Discussion in 'People' started by ccroy, Jul 5, 2007.

1. What a way to get the morning shave. On a sunday morning it must be a wonderful experience of having a shave in the makeshift saloon on the pavement and that too with others in waiting.

This is a common site in the city on sunday mornings when people, especially the working class, come to have a shave very liesurely from the neighbourhood barber right on the pavement in the make shift saloon.

This barber is found invariably in the same place every sunday to service his clients. The seat on which the client sits is chained to the tree so that others do not snatch it during the week days.

See the enterprise of the barber.

Morningshave.

2. Not a bad shot.

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Great documentation

Goes to show anything is possible if you try

4. PJohnP

PJohnP

Feb 5, 2005
    CC Roy :

I do enjoy seeing your slices of life in India. Once upon a time here in US, it was still a regular part of many men's lives to visit the barber for a leisurely shave, but that's now pretty much disappeared.

John P.

5. dtbh

dtbh

Mar 9, 2006
    Malaysia
    A picture with an interesting story to tell. Nice capture, Roy! What cam setting did you use? Notice some blown highlights.

6. Thanks Justin. It was shot with a CP 4100 and hence technically not a great shot but the importance was to capture the setting.

7. Thanks Gale. Yes I agree with you. What is important is the enterprise.

8. Thanks for looking John.

Gone are the good old days. Here in India too, it is now confined to places where working class live. The affluent now a days have no time to enjoy such liesure.

9. Thanks Banhup for looking. The pic was shot with a CP 4100. The concentration was on the story and the subject. I agree with your observation. I could have shot with a lower angle but it would have distracted the subject.

10. I love your shots... so cool to see the candid side of other cultures

11. Roy, I remember seeing that everywhere in India last summer... then I took a major leap and went on trying it myself... :eek:

I was even offered to have a shave while on a rickshaw... :biggrin:

12. Thanks Woody. Yes different cultures offer different photo opportunities to showcase

13. Panos, I am glad to know that you have had a firsthand experience of the shave!