Special portrait... 14 to 1....UPDATE: new photo

Hi all

Tonight I have to experiment with a diffrent style. I have put 14 pics together to one portrait of my friend Kasper. I have worked on 2 diffrent versions, what do you think work best?

samlet2copylille.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

samlet2lille.jpg

See the new pic futher down in the post....

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like what you've done, and I'm with the others on the B&W. I think the sepia is too strong in the second one. I could work if toned down, IMHO.
Great job on the composition - I like the look!

B

BigPixel

not me. I like the sepia one better by a wide margin. There seems to be greater depth, certainly more warmth. It literally jumps off the screen while the B&W just sort of lays there. Its more complex as the sepia enhances the highlights, some of which remain as white. Both nice though but I connect better with the sepia one.

Hi all

Thanks for the nice words. I'm still not sure which of them I like most.

Rich: it was my attention to focus on his face and his jacket was not that great so I tried to underexpose it. I can see your point and think it was a mistake...

Keith: I will gladly tell how I did. I took my D200 with my 50mm f/1.8 and shot 14 pics. I started with the face and use f/5 to get the right DOF and then I work my way around. The pics around Kasper is shoot on f/1,8 to get as little of DOF as posibel. I was very aware that the pics overlaped each other.
When I came home I opend an new job in PS and placed the face shoot in the midle. Then I just started to copy/paste the diffrent pics in. Afterwards I used the opasity in each layer to get tone them down around him.

Sorry for my bad english and I hope you get the point.... :-(

Hi all

Thanks for the nice words. I'm still not sure which of them I like most.

Rich: it was my attention to focus on his face and his jacket was not that great so I tried to underexpose it. I can see your point and think it was a mistake...

Keith: I will gladly tell how I did. I took my D200 with my 50mm f/1.8 and shot 14 pics. I started with the face and use f/5 to get the right DOF and then I work my way around. The pics around Kasper is shoot on f/1,8 to get as little of DOF as posibel. I was very aware that the pics overlaped each other.
When I came home I opend an new job in PS and placed the face shoot in the midle. Then I just started to copy/paste the diffrent pics in. Afterwards I used the opasity in each layer to get tone them down around him.

Sorry for my bad english and I hope you get the point.... :-(

Thank you. I get the idea - it's similar to a montage, and no matter how it was done, it's a cool concept/shot!! Great job.

I'm going to have to agree with everyone else on this one, the B&W is definitely the clear winner here. The sepia toning on this picture seems to fade his face out. The black and white makes his face stand out and makes you see his face first rather than other parts of the picture

Hi all

I could not resist to do another one today.... what do you think?

kystsamletlille.jpg

Latest threads

Top Bottom