Special portrait project... need C&C

Discussion in 'People' started by Flyfishdk, May 11, 2007.

1. Flyfishdk

Flyfishdk

Nov 1, 2006
    Denmark
    Hi all

I have started to do some portraits in a diffrent format. They are very panorama like. I will like to know if you like the idea? the way I do it is that I do them in normal enviroment where the models are comfy and then I do the rest in PS. I know some are better then others but I show them all so you can see my idea...

jorgecopycopy.

husforbislgerLILLE.

Hippielille-1.

gammelmandlille-1.

2. Nico, I like them all. Especially 1&2.

3. I've always taken most of my portraits in landscape orientation.......... I just prefer it.

These work very well............ I like them a lot!

G

4. I like them all and have always liked this perspective. Reminds me of this thread and beautiful picture by GBRandy of his daughter... https://www.nikoncafe.com/vforums/showthread.php?t=103447

#2 is my favorite and something that I will have to try... I like him looking off in to the space you have created.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  5. And, you do it well. That is something I have to force myself to do... always find myself naturally turning the camera to portrait orientation and the regretting it later.

6. Flyfishdk

Flyfishdk

Nov 1, 2006
    Denmark
    Hi all

Thanks for the nice words. I was not sure if it worked. there is pretty much work in every pic because I have to marsk the person of pricis in PS. But here are one more....

oldmanlille.

7. BigPixel

BigPixel Guest

Great, great, great and so-so. Love the way off center crops.

8. Flyfishdk

Flyfishdk

Nov 1, 2006
    Denmark
    here is one more to go...

Jonlille.

9. srwatters

srwatters

Feb 27, 2006
    Plano, TX
    I think everyone knows that I prefer them in landscape more for effect.

These are no exception.

I'd like to see something other than the flat black in the BG. Even if it is just textures or another color. JMHO.

10. Flyfishdk

Flyfishdk

Nov 1, 2006
    Denmark
    Hi scott

Thanks for the feedback. I try to use the black background so the people get more in focus. But I will try to work with other colors or texture when I next time work with a new "object" :)

11. Flyfishdk

Flyfishdk

Nov 1, 2006
    Denmark
    one more to go... jan from my familly.... very funny guy who always make funny faces when he is being photographed..

Janlille.

12. DJ Matt

DJ Matt Guest

I like them

13. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    I love'em...but how to you print something like that. I think the only thing I would add would to put their names on it. That's just my opinion.

14. Flyfishdk

Flyfishdk

Nov 1, 2006
    Denmark
    Hi there'

Seneca. I use a special large printer and print them in 70cm... wide..

but here are one more togo..
    musikeriraklille.

15. satelite seven

satelite seven

May 14, 2006
    london
    I am a fan of all that black space!!!! cool portraits.

16. Flyfishdk

Flyfishdk

Nov 1, 2006
    Denmark
  17. Ciao Nico
    I too appreciate your shooting style. Just in these days I was thinking of doing something like that with my classmates at our photographic academy, but I see there's a lot to do, since someone still like the vertical pose.. well, I've a wedding soon, I'll try to develop the concept.
    Thank you: it's pleasant seeing I'm not the only one looking at portraits in a different way

18. fks

fks

Apr 30, 2005
    sf bay area
    hi nico-

i like the composition, the dead space works nicely. i have a slight problem with the subjects wearing glasses because of the reflections. when i see the black background, i think "studio" and don't expect to see a blue sky in the subject's eyewear.

is there a reason you've chosen to blank out the background?

ricky

19. Flyfishdk

Flyfishdk

Nov 1, 2006
    Denmark
    Hi Ricky and Dino

Thanks for the very nice words, It's always great to get some nice feedback :)

Ricky: The idea is to make the person more clear...get the focus right if get me...

Thanks again.