1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Specific Cotton Carrier question

Discussion in 'Other Cool Gear, Camera Bags, Camera Straps' started by Allan, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Has anyone used the CC with a D5 and either the 500 pf or 80-400? Was it doable, too heavy, any other thoughts?
    I use BR strap now but the lens flops too much.
    TIA.

2. I've not. The largest setup I've used is a D500 and 70-200/2.8. Worked just fine, but needed to use the thicker puck at the bottom so the tripod foot would clear the harness.

Putting the puck on the tripod foot should work in theory, but I found that the center of gravity causes the whole unit to want to turn sideways.

Hope that helps a little until someone else with your specific requirements can add to the thread.

3. Thanks. I am getting the feeling the CC would not fit my situation but I will wait for (hopefully) more replies.

4. I bought a cotton carrier when B&H was having a good, $21 off, sale. I used it today with the D850 gripped and the 500 pf lens. It worked well.
    I ran into a Canon shooter friend who also uses a cc. He had a 400 do lens on his 1dx, which was a lot heavier than what I had.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.