Specifically for Helmet a BCNH Close Very Close

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Desert Rat, Dec 14, 2005.

1. This is one is for Helmet (Brett) I know how he like the Black Crowned Night Herons. This is a portrait of one extremely close-up... :eek: :eek:

Shot with a D2X Full Frame no converters, no-cropping and very little post processing... :Shocked:

Enjoy

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Great shot.
    Held the highlights well.

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Beautiful shot Eric. :smile:

4. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Wow, great shot. How close were you?

5. Love the eye! I like these close up birdie portraits! Nice job!!

6. Awesome view of a BCNH, Ron Reznick posted one recently at DPR and the quality of this image is right on par!

Congrats Eric...about your wild animal park suggestion, I will ask work for the day off and let you know later today...

-brett

7. What a sweet portrait you will learn to love the 200-400 I have never regretted purchasing it is is a stellar piece of glass

8. Excellent Pete and the detail is great. The red in the eye really makes the photo.

9. Humm Gordo, Who is pete?

Thanks

10. Gale: Thanks
    He was in the shade so I hit him with some fill flash...

Frank: Thanks

Jeff: I was within 10 feet of this guy.. At the Wild Animal Park they are very used to people and just sit there on the trees, posts anything...

Brett: THis guy was shot at the Wild Animal park.. Along with the other shots I posted Sunday morning.. Not sure you found that post yet?

Mike: THanks.. I already have not regretted this lens buy... Only used it three times and it has opened up a different world to my photography...

Louis: Thanks

11. Just excellent, Eric! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: That bright red eye sure is prominent here! Well captured and presented bird.

12. THanks Philippe....