Critique Spectacular iceberg - Newfoundland - VIDEO link added Post 37

Real Name
Dan
This is really an awesome set of images, Karen. I like the first two for the perspective and the top of the berg sticking up through its own ban of fog. Lighting and details in several of the tighter shots are also excellent. Ya done good.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
That is one spectacular iceberg and you photographed it well.

We saw many like that in Antarctica but when there are so many they don't stand out like that. Your first and second shots capture the unique aspect of the berg compared to the surroundings. Well done!
Thanks, Jim. I remember your photos from Antarctica. They were spectacular.
Reminds me of a Canadian description of "cold" as given to someone from a warmer climate.

Colder than a brass toilet seat on the shady side of an iceberg
Thanks~
Awesome set, truly wonderful Karen!
Ah....shucks.....thanks, Wade!
Stunning. Thanks for posting Karen.
I'm so glad you liked them, Allan!
Now that is one massive piece of ice. Beautiful shots.
It indeed took our breath away!
Beautiful series of photos that rendered the color, detail, and mass of the Iceberg. #8 and 9 are my favorite, thanks for sharing.
Appreciate the comment! Thanks!
This is really an awesome set of images, Karen. I like the first two for the perspective and the top of the berg sticking up through its own ban of fog. Lighting and details in several of the tighter shots are also excellent. Ya done good.
The visit to Twillingate wasn't even on our travel plan. However, I insisted we do it, even though hubby really didn't want to adjust our schedule by a day and spend 2 hours each way on a terrible road to get there and back. It was the highlight of our 2 month trip!
Awesome stuff ?
Thanks, West!

Beautifully done. I like #3 and #12 for the way you've captured reference elements that really emphasize the iceberg's size.
Wow this is beautiful. I can feel the size just by looking at the photos.

Thank you both so much! We were so far away, at first I didn't even see the tour boat leaving until it was beyond the iceberg. However, I had been shooting (from a fast moving boat) and hoped that I had gotten a sharp photo of the boat in front of the iceberg to give a sense of size. I was thrilled to find about 3 frames with the tour boat in front of the iceberg.

All well done, but the gallery image is beyond words, imo....I’m struggling for a proper superlative that captures power, beauty and time.

McQ

Still looking to break 80 consistently.
Real Name
Glenn
Can't really write anything that hasn't already been written. I'm as amazed and appreciative of these photos as I can possibly be. Karen, thank you for sharing them. I can only imagine seeing this in person. It had to look totally unreal!

McQ

Still looking to break 80 consistently.
Real Name
Glenn
For those of you that would like to see a bit more, please watch Justin's video..... HERE......

Looking forward to this. So far I can't get the video to play, but I'll come back and try again. Justin's videos are always excellent.

EDIT: Finally saw the video. As always, Justin does a great job of filming and narrating.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Top Bottom