Speed Graphic and lens tests.

A day in the park testing a recently purchased Rodenstock Sironar-N f/5.6 lens on the Pacemaker Speed Graphic, the film is TriX 320.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The next two are from an Optar 135/4.7 that I overhauled. Shot with TriX320.

And finally a retest of the Sironar-N 180/5.6 with TriX320 also.

Very nice shots, i love those B&W and tones, the quality i can see only with LF or MF, you are killing me and i feel jealous now, i just got busy these days and trying to find subjects around that are worthy to be photographer with LF.

Keep going mate, i feel happy to see what the gear is capable of.

Very nice shots, i love those B&W and tones, the quality i can see only with LF or MF, you are killing me and i feel jealous now, i just got busy these days and trying to find subjects around that are worthy to be photographer with LF.

Keep going mate, i feel happy to see what the gear is capable of.
I know what you are talking about, lately it has been hard to find time to pursue this hobby. I took advantage of what free time I had this weekend. Luckily there are some parks close to me that I can use to test gear.

I know what you are talking about, lately it has been hard to find time to pursue this hobby. I took advantage of what free time I had this weekend. Luckily there are some parks close to me that I can use to test gear.
Lucky you, you have parks around you to shoot, here we don't have those interesting parks and they will not allow us to shoot there with our large cameras, even with my MF maybe, and the desert here is a bit boring, i have to drive very far to get something nice and i can't, so i really feel sad to what to shoot nearby, and the problem is that i need to find something really very interesting to shoot otherwise my digital MF will blow away my LF shots for normal subjects.

When i saw these shots here i places this film in my order list, but when i checked my fridge i found that i have this film, hehehe :biggrin:

How about you tote those LF cameras down to Mushairf and shoot those wrecks? Or the Sheikh Zayed Mosque? Both of those would look fantastic on big film!

Looks like both the Sironar and the Optar are winners! Lovely park.:smile:

How about you tote those LF cameras down to Mushairf and shoot those wrecks? Or the Sheikh Zayed Mosque? Both of those would look fantastic on big film!

I hope you really know the places you mentioned above, if you have been here then good, but what about Mushairf to shoot? you mean Mushairf which is in Ajman city my city? and about Sheikh Zayed Mosque, well, i wish to shoot it more but i am not like you at all, because USa is huge and UAE is small but even though i don't drive so far distances as i can do overseas, means for me driving to Abu Dhabi the Capital is almost equal driving from say Florida to Arizona, it takes about 2-3 hours to head to Sh.Zayed Mosque from my city Ajman, and when i drive by traffic i will never shoot one shot even, even i hate to drive to Dubai where there are Burj Al-Arab and the tallest building as well, but it seems that people will never help me to shoot something good in my country just by speaking, honestly if i have to drive far with headache of traffic and distance then it is better i go with my DSLR and digital MF and forget about shooting film on those far locations to save my time and effort.

No, I've never been there...I wish I would have when I visited that part of the world. I saw some pictures of ship wrecks on the flickr that said they were in the Mushair area, but I can't find them on the Google Earth. I didn't realize it took so long to drive there. I'd just love to see more pictures of your town.

No, I've never been there...I wish I would have when I visited that part of the world. I saw some pictures of ship wrecks on the flickr that said they were in the Mushair area, but I can't find them on the Google Earth. I didn't realize it took so long to drive there. I'd just love to see more pictures of your town.
Aha, yes, this area is in my city, i can go there very easy, in about 5 minutes or less, in fact i took few shots there but with the nightshot of the cityscape from our Ajman creek, so if that will be interesting for you then i can do that no problem, here is one night shot as a test for my new digiMF:

http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/8650/job10007.jpg

But i am not sure if i should do night shots with LF, and which film to use then, because i prefer colors over B&W for nightshots.

Tim, I am pleased with them. I am looking for a lens shade for the Optar, should be an adventure finding one. Essex County NJ has some nice parks.

Your images truly makes one appreciate the benefits of LF.
I don't have a trained eye, and even I can see the difference.
Stunning tonality.
Thanks Anthony, the bigger negative is what does it.

Beautiful work Ray, the first one is really nice composed, you really handle LF very well!
Thanks Fredrik. I moved the camera from two other locations, before I settled on this shot. The beauty of the ground glass is what you see framed is pretty much what you will get. I replaced the original ground glass, with one that is about a half stop brighter and has a grid. The half stop brighter helps alot in focussing.

Thanks Fredrik. I moved the camera from two other locations, before I settled on this shot. The beauty of the ground glass is what you see framed is pretty much what you will get. I replaced the original ground glass, with one that is about a half stop brighter and has a grid. The half stop brighter helps alot in focussing.
How and from where did you get the brighter GG?

And how brighter it is? because i have Speed and Crown Graphic, both seems very fine and bright, brighter than my Shen Hao GG about 2 stops maybe, so i don't know how can you decide how bright is your GG should be.

It is about a half stop brighter than the one that came with my SG. The main reason I bought it was for the grid lines. The original one did not have them.

It is about a half stop brighter than the one that came with my SG. The main reason I bought it was for the grid lines. The original one did not have them.
Ah ok, my SG and CG both don't have grid on the GG, and Shen Hao GG has grid lines, but the Graphics GG are brighter than Shen Hao, so i don't know which one i prefer.
I will try to see if i can order something later, i can't be sure until i buy or test one.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom