1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Speedlight strobe setup

Discussion in 'General flash photography, lighting, and technique' started by ashman, Jul 24, 2008.

1. I finally got my SB600 back from repair and picked up a couple of umbrella/stand kits from a local camera store. I set them up and put my SB600's in slave mode and set my SB800 on my D2h as commander and here are the results, my first attempt btw.

https://www.nikoncafe.com/vforums/showthread.php?t=179693

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  2. OK, welcome to the party, Ash. This was my favorite. I can't figure out who has the cuter expression... the kid or the pooch.

Testshotswiththeboys079copy.
    NIKON D2H    ---    85mm    f/4.0    1/60s    ISO 200

The pics are nice and sharp. It looks like you got a good copy of the 85/1.8from ebay.

3. Thanks Frank, I greatly appreciate your comments. The lens is amazing, its absolutely mint and I am very pleased with it so far. I would appreciate and further advice you can give on positioning the strobes, angling the umbrellas, the height of the stands etc.

Thanks again.

AM

4. Glad you got your flash back. I too like the image of the boy and the dog. Have fun with your new lens and repaired flash.

5. Thanks, I intend to.

AM

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.