Speedlight Workshop?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JB, Nov 24, 2005.

1. JB

JB

May 27, 2005
    Washington, DC
    Anyone know of a Nikon Speedlight Workshop or training class? The system is flexible enough and complex to the point that I'd like to hear someone give examples and show me how to get the most out of it.

If not a workshop, is anyone familiar with good books or "how to" DVDs? The Thom Hogan book looks to be out of date. Nikon has a DVD on their web site that gets mixed reviews. (More advertising than examples and instruction.)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2005
  2. PeterRH

PeterRH Guest

Nikon Owners Club?

In the UK the Nikon Owners Magazine hooks up with Nikon UK to get access to people and equipment demo's (or just equipment and the guys who run or contribute to the mag do the tuition).

Is there anything similar in the US? Nikon themselves offer training courses but I don't know if this includes Speedlights.

3. TheKO

TheKO

May 3, 2005
    Tampa, FL
    Same Request

JB,
    I have the same request - would like to know of a DVD, Book, Web Site etc. but I haven't found anything. There has to be something somewhere! The Nikon CLS DVD is nothing but an advertisment and the manual is a bit harse to comprehend. I searched Amazon and came up with nothing of interest .