Spending time with the grandkids

Discussion in 'People' started by Terri French, May 21, 2007.

1. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    We took Jaden to the zoo on Saturday. Every child loves to drink out of the lions head drinking fountain.

original.

View attachment 96710

We also got to spend some time with little Harlee. She is three months old now. Does this photo of her look too dark? I got it printed at Sam's club and it turned out really dark. I hope it was them and not me as it looks good to me on my monitor.

View attachment 96711

2. Nice shots Terri.

Oddly enough, I had some photos printed on Friday for the first time at Sam's Club and they were all darker than what I'm used to. I have always used Smugmug but I needed them the same day and thought I would give them a try. They look ok, but no where near the quality of print I'm used to receiving from Smugmug.

3. Very nice images Terri, and it sounds like a fun day.

4. Looks like you had a fun time. Did he even get a drink of water or did most of it end up on him? Great shots.

Sarah

5. Terri,
    These are great images. You are a great cool grandmother to have.

I tried to take some matte prints from Costco recently and got darker photos. May be I need to download the printer profile offered by Costco. Just check whether Sam's offer printer profiles...

6. These are great Terri. Looks like Jaden worked hard for that drink. I remember drinking out of that fountain (or one just like it) when I was a kid.

Beautiful shot of Harlee as well.

7. Nice images Terri. Funny idea that fountain. Such fountaines aren't popular here in Europe so I didn't even thought of putting it into a lion's head. :smile:

The last picture is a very nice portrait. It has just the brightness level I would expect for a face directed to the shade, I think its brightness is fully ok.

8. dtbh

dtbh

Mar 9, 2006
    Malaysia
    Great captures, Terri. Your grandchildren are so lucky to have such a good photographer as a grandmother to capture all these sweet moments.

I like how you froze the water in #1 and 2. And Harlee is soooo cute! Nicely done too. The brightness level looks ok in my screen.

9. They are too cute Terri!! I would love to drink out of a lion head fountain, too :biggrin: Very nice candid shots!

10. Terri,

I wanted to come back and make a comment about the Sam's Club printing issue. The same prints I told you about in the first comment above... I sent to smugmug and had them fedex'd for reference. The prints I received yesterday were hands down, worlds apart from the exact same prints I got from Sams. They were much brighter and the colors were more accurate (looked just like they did on my calibrated monitor).

Needless to say I wont be using Sams for printing anymore... :wink:

11. haze2

haze2

Mar 18, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Great shots! I think the first one is my favorite but it's a tough call. I've got three granddaughters and it's a ton of fun to capture them on outings.