Spent the mornin at the local beach

Discussion in 'Birds' started by DiverX, Jul 16, 2005.

1. My favorite, maybe because it's the closest? :D
    The morning was dark, bright, cloudy, drizzle, back to blue back to grey! :?

Anyway, still all worked out!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Anyone know what this one is? I thought a Piping Plover but where is the stripe?

[​IMG]

All shot with D2x, 200-400VR, ISO 200-400, Aperature Priority (clouds in and out), Ev0 to -.6, Hand Held

Now gotta take the wife out to dinner or my goose is cooked! :lol:

2. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    George...

A) I definetly need to try shooting terns at the beach rather than in the marsh. You get some superb shots of them sir!

B) What is that neato last litlle whitish colored bird?

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    George,

Excellent shots. I do love to see swans.

Nice stuff for sure.

4. Very nice shots, George! Can't help with the ID but I sure like the tern shots (and the snowy)!

5. jaminphoto

jaminphoto

Jul 7, 2005
    SF Bay area
    The first one is my favorite also. The pose is superb. I guess the lighting could be better but like you said still all worked out.

--ricardo

6. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    From the looks of it...it was a wonderful day at the beach. Great captures!

7. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Great day at the beach, George! Nice series!

8. WOW!!! OK, I am closing my mouth now...................wonderful photography!!! The first one is my favorite!! :D :D

9. Re: George...

Thanks very much everyone! :)

I have no clue but when I shot it I thought it was a Piping Plover. Now that I see it on screen I just don't know! :?

10. Love the first 2 the lack of contrast of the body to the sky would seem to wash out the picture but the black head and wing tips along with the orange feet make the bird pop out of the surroundings.
    The others are not "Chopped Liver" but I really like the turns

Rich

11. Very nice shots for sure.

12. All nice shots, George! I especially like the terns. You've put me in mind to give the local black terns a try. I don't know what the last one is either.

13. Lisa

Lisa

May 3, 2005
    IL
    These are lovely, George. The first one was a real grabber for me.....you captured it perfectly. I love photographing birds as I find them quite challenging. Looking forward to more of your posts.

14. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    George,

You spent your time very well. We need to have a shootout between you and Jim F. You are both posting at the absolute top level. :wink:

15. No way Jose, what do I look like a dummie! Jim is too good, anyway I'm a lover not a fighter! 8)

ps: The little white birdie above I am now pretty sure is a Least Tern Juvenile!

Thanks again for the kind words...a few more from the same day again all D2x, 200-400VR;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Jumping right on the band-wagon, Numero Uno is, well, Numero Uno :wink: .

I, personally, think the grey really makes it, very surreal and soothing.

You are also making my "should I D2X or not" even more difficult......