Spidey (180 Tamron)

I am going to the botanical gardens this afternoon after work to get some evaluation shots with this lens, but when I went out to load my gear into the truck this morning, my spider friend was back. I couldn't resist trying a few shots. For reference, this guy's body is about 0.4 to 0.5 inches (10 to 12mm) long.

All taken with the D2H / 180 Tamron Di. A couple added the Kenko 36mm extension tube.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Cool shots, Frank! BTW, don't forget to go by and get your tomatoes from Patrick! Those things are in high demand these days...wouldn't want them to go to waste...Enjoy!

Have fun at the Garden this afternoon, It's going to be a scorcher!

That first shot almost makes you dizzy with all those hairs going every which way. That's a great sample for that lens~lots of detail and seems very sharp!

Wow Frank! That's impressive, esp. the first one. No need to hide any longer with this kind of macro quality.

Seems like some kind of Araneus, but have no clue of the American species.

Cheers

Definatley Araneus and although I have found its picture on the web I cannot find its NAME.

I love those sensory hairs. Her blood pressure is obviously high.

What with you, and Patrick, I am going to have to buy yet more books relating to the Spiders and Dragonflies of North America.

BW> Bob F.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom