1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Spidey

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Glas, Jun 18, 2007.

1. Glas

Glas

Jun 17, 2007
    S.E.Asia
    Not sure what species this is, anyone?
    I forgot to change the Iso :redface: and hence the noise.
    I should have turned down the Iso and used the flash too, as they say hindsight is 20/20 :tongue:

Nikon D70s + 'mystery' lens
    Iso 800
    1/160
    No flash fired
    (Do excuse the underexposure :redface:) 
    [​IMG]

2. I need a bigger picture.:smile::smile:

Bob F.

3. Click on the image, Bob!

I have seen that species myself in SE-Asia. It is very pretty but I have no clue so far what it is.

Cheers

4. Glas

Glas

Jun 17, 2007
    S.E.Asia
    I found it in my garden :biggrin: no I don't live in the jungle :tongue:

5. PAReams

PAReams

Apr 4, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    Although with that spider and your avatar, you can see why people are confused.
    Nice image-I really like the detail of the thorny things sticking out of his legs. Little things are so interesting when you can see them :) 

6. Jeff Lee

Jeff Lee

May 16, 2006
    Oregon
  7. -

These are the marvellous receptor hairs that are linked to the nervous system.

Thanks Harry.

There is a reasonable chance that this is it.

Scientific name: Oxyopes javanus. Thorell
    Common name: Lynx spider

Bob F.

8. Could be and could not.

Oxyopes is definitely correct (learned something again :Smart:) , but in face of the many dozens of described Oxyopes species I would not dare to name it down to species level.

Cheers

9. When you are my age you can be bold-brave and probably WRONG.:biggrin::eek: :eek: :eek: :biggrin:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.