Critique Spillar's Cove, Newfoundland

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Real Name
Karen
At the end of a very long day, I wanted to visit Spillar's Cove a second time, even though it required about a 10-15 minute hike to get there. Hubby was tired and not interested, so I hiked out by myself with only the D850, 24-70 and 70-200 (and tripod of course!). As I hiked, I wondered if it was worth it.

When I crested the hill, the view took my breath away. And the incoming fog was still in the distance. The small iceberg was icing on the cake!

_8509445-X3.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Real Name
Karen
Gorgeous scene nicely photographed.
Thanks a lot, Mike!
Stunning scene with such great detail in the rocks. The iceberg adds that special touch.

Glenn
It was breathtaking! Thanks, Glenn!
Karen, that's a beauty. The iceberg puts it over the top!!
The first time we went there, there was extremely heavy fog and I was toting the 600mm thinking I'd find some puffins to shoot! That was not to be. That's the reason I wanted to visit a second time. with a landscape lens. The iceberg was not there on our first visit - so it was a complete surprise!
Wow, that “small” iceberg is a nice touch. Did you have them tow it there for the shot.;)
LOL! Thanks, Rick!
Boy was that worth the hike !!
Beautiful picture
Appreciate the comments, Ron!
Great scene and image Karen!
Thanks, Binnur!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom