Spiny Softshell Turtle

Discussion in 'Birds' started by lr1811, Jul 11, 2005.

1. This is my favorite "animal" photo so far this year. I took it in late April at the Little Rock Zoo. The turtle was in a aquarium inside. He kept popping his head above the water line and I took like 7 quick shots. It was low light and I had to hand hold this because the aquarium was higher then my tripod would stand. I figured they were wasted shots, but I got home and I was really happy with this one.

Since that time I've been back to this turtle 20 times taking hundreds of photos - none of them even close to this. So my own moral is stop planning and just shoot!

Thanks for looking and I appreciate any comments or suggestions to improve this.

[​IMG]

2. Wow Brian! I love the colors and the sharpness in his eye. Considering what you were working with, I don't see how you could improve this. I think it's fantastic! :)

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Brian,

This guy is so sharp that the image is almost surreal. Great capture!! You are right; sometimes you do get the best shots when you just go with the flow. :wink:

4. jaminphoto

jaminphoto

Jul 7, 2005
    SF Bay area
    Very beautiful photograph.
    "Very Lanting-esque", and that my friend is the highest compliment I can give to anyone.

--ricardo

5. Thats one cool shot brian!

Martin

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Excellent shot actually.

Love the contrast of color with water and turtle.

7. Great shot, you are right sometimes just go for it

8. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    Thats a great shot . Did you put your lense right up against the glass?

9. thanks for the replies everyone!

biggstr6 - I wasn't against the glass, but I was very close!!

10. TheKO

TheKO

May 3, 2005
    Tampa, FL
    I love this shot. I know it is a turtle as you said it was - but it looks like a baby alligator.

Very nicely done...

11. Wow Brian this is a neat shot. I love it.

12. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    I love it when we go with our gut and a shot is just perfect as this one is. The water is smooth and the reflection is sharp. PERFECT!!!