"Splain" me this!

Discussion in 'Nikon Capture and View NX' started by Chris C, Aug 5, 2007.

1. I understand that the last thing to be done in the workflow with NX is to use the Sharp Mask. But if I save it until last, I can't sharpen. I finally figured out that if I sharpen and then set my Color Profile last, everything works just fine. Can anyone explain this?

2. TomaS

TomaS

Aug 3, 2006
    Corrales, NM
    Chris,

That does not compute. I have always done the 'unsharp mask' and/or 'high pass sharpen' as final steps with never any problem.

Tomas

3. I sharpen once before I resize (early in the process), and then as the last step before printing. I usually take care of color profile etc, early in the work flow. Never have had any trouble with USM and other sharpening steps as the last task.

4. I know guys. If it weren't strange I'd not have asked for an explaination. Maybe I should call on the good "Dr. NX", Jason O'Dell. I do believe he knows more about NX than most. Maybe he'll pick up on this thread and comment.

5. Just an update. I e-mailed Nikon Tech Assistance and they suggested I might have a corrupted file. They said that sometimes happens during a download of a new program. I deleted my NX program and installed the 1.2 version (don't know if I had 1.1 or 1.2 before) and everything seems to work as it should. When I pull up the program, it displays all my folders, which is different than before, but all seems well.

6. billg71

billg71

May 4, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    I think I remember seeing something on the Nikon site that your problem was one of the things addressed in 1.2.

Bill

P.S. Or maybe not, here's what I saw: "An issue that prevented the saving of images edited with the "Adjust > Color Profile..." and "Adjust > Color > LCH..." options has been resolved."

Anyway, if you go to the download page:Nikon Capture NX v1.2 Full version Update - Windowsand scroll down you'll see the list of problems addressed.