1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

"Splain" me this!

Discussion in 'Nikon Capture and View NX' started by Chris C, Aug 5, 2007.

1. I understand that the last thing to be done in the workflow with NX is to use the Sharp Mask. But if I save it until last, I can't sharpen. I finally figured out that if I sharpen and then set my Color Profile last, everything works just fine. Can anyone explain this?

2. TomaS

TomaS

Aug 3, 2006
    Corrales, NM
    Chris,

That does not compute. I have always done the 'unsharp mask' and/or 'high pass sharpen' as final steps with never any problem.

Tomas

3. I sharpen once before I resize (early in the process), and then as the last step before printing. I usually take care of color profile etc, early in the work flow. Never have had any trouble with USM and other sharpening steps as the last task.

4. I know guys. If it weren't strange I'd not have asked for an explaination. Maybe I should call on the good "Dr. NX", Jason O'Dell. I do believe he knows more about NX than most. Maybe he'll pick up on this thread and comment.

5. Just an update. I e-mailed Nikon Tech Assistance and they suggested I might have a corrupted file. They said that sometimes happens during a download of a new program. I deleted my NX program and installed the 1.2 version (don't know if I had 1.1 or 1.2 before) and everything seems to work as it should. When I pull up the program, it displays all my folders, which is different than before, but all seems well.

6. billg71

billg71

May 4, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    I think I remember seeing something on the Nikon site that your problem was one of the things addressed in 1.2.

Bill

P.S. Or maybe not, here's what I saw: "An issue that prevented the saving of images edited with the "Adjust > Color Profile..." and "Adjust > Color > LCH..." options has been resolved."

Anyway, if you go to the download page:Nikon Capture NX v1.2 Full version Update - Windowsand scroll down you'll see the list of problems addressed.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.