Spookee - one of a kind car

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by sfoxjohn, Aug 13, 2005.

1. sfoxjohn

sfoxjohn

May 1, 2005
    Marlton, NJ
    This car just pulled into the I-66 rest stop (near Mannassas, VA) as we were ready to leave. The first shot has the owner builder(green jacket) polishing some hardware. He said he actually built the whole thing, all metal -not some fiberglass job. Check the casket handles.

[​IMG]

The rest speak for themselves.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Lisa

Lisa

May 3, 2005
    IL
    John:

That is one interesting automobile! Hard to decide if I'd want to go up to it or run in the other direction :shock: Very creative and love the license plate.

Thanks for sharing....

3. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Definitely Spookee! Nice shots!

4. Wow, building that would have been a project. Not something I would want to be seen in. Good detailed images John.

5. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    "The Munsters" had a car just like that!

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    That is just to cool :>))

Great images.
    Thanks

7. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
  8. sfoxjohn

sfoxjohn

May 1, 2005
    Marlton, NJ
    Probably where he got the idea. But the one in the photos above was definitely not fiberglass. I was lucky to get the pictures before the crowd built up.

9. Great shots! Got any more? :D

PS Too bad about the "background" on the first 4...

10. My first thought was 'hey, it's the Munsters' car!' I see Patrick beat me to it ;) That is one neat car...I especially like the front view with the spider and web. Thanks for sharing those!

11. sfoxjohn

sfoxjohn

May 1, 2005
    Marlton, NJ
    Sommer, I'm glad you enjoyed them.

DRBarnhart, No chance to keep out background. As it was I used my point-and -shoot Sony because my D70 was packed and there was not much time. Maybe I could have at least defocussed the background if I had used the 50mm f/1.8 on the D70. One of the drawbacks of point and shoots is they have so much DOF even wide open. These pictures are snapshots in every sense of the word and I didn't spend any time in PS trying to improve them - just added a little sharpening and some cropping and the black frame.