1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Spoonbills Jefferson Island (land & feed) 5 images

Discussion in 'Birds' started by kevin pyle, Jul 13, 2008.

1. Here is a few from last weekend at Jefferson Island, I'll continue to post as I process. Thanks for stopping by to view.
    Kevin P.

original.
    NIKON D3    ---    600mm    f/5.6    1/4000s    ISO 400

original.
    NIKON D3    ---    600mm    f/5.6    1/4000s    ISO 400

original.
    NIKON D3    ---    550mm    f/5.6    1/2500s    ISO 400

original.
    NIKON D3    ---    600mm    f/5.6    1/2000s    ISO 400

original.
    NIKON D3    ---    500mm    f/5.6    1/2500s    ISO 400

2. LeeF

LeeF

May 24, 2008
    Massachusetts, USA
    Nice images. Especially #2. Glad you could get so close to them.

3. Very nice captures Kevin, good job.

4. Kevin,

Beautiful images. Very nicely done indeed.

BTW, have you been to Ramah by the Atchafalaya? Last time I was there, a couple of weeks ago, there were a few of these guys. However, they were quite far away.

5. Excellent in flight shots Kevin. Very nicely done.

6. Great shots Kevin!

7. Maji,
    I know where Ramah/Maringouin exit is off of I-10, is this where you speak of? Is there a rookery near there? Thanks for viewing and the kind words.
    Kevin P.

8. Lee, Louis,Warren,Anthony,
    Thank you all for viewing and the kind words, hope to see you guys down here one day shooting our southern rookeries.
    Kevin P.

9. Kevin,

I think you are talking about the same Ramah...

It is a wild life preserve and there are some rookeries there. I have seen a few juvenile herons there, so there must be a rookery. Other than the gators, it is a nice place to go bird watching and photographing.

10. Hi Kevin a very nice set of images of one of my favourite spoonbills.

Phil.

11. Phillip,
    this is with the 120-300 and a 2x convertor, a very easily handheld 600 5.6 lens, but I'm still wanting the 500mm sigma for handheld shots and use it with the 1.4tc. Thanks for viewing and the kind words.
    Kevin P.

12. original.
    NIKON D3    ---    600mm    f/5.6    1/2500s    ISO 500

addition of a serene fly by. all with the D3, sigma 120-300 2.8 and the 2x attached.
    I'd really like to have the 500mm 4.5 for handheld shots also and then ultimately the 300-800 5.6. I reckon you gotta dream or atleast put out the positive energy.
    Kevin P.

13. Beautiful! Geez, I wanna come down! I will always love Louisiana! My home! Post more! PLEASE!

14. This set of images shows the beauty of these birds!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.