Spoonie filled morning!

Discussion in 'Birds' started by flygirl1, Jul 6, 2008.

1. Well, Harry and I started off at the click ponds at Viera Wetlands and boy were there plenty of birds. The one cell was almost completely drained and so along with all the birds, there were plenty of dead fish, and smell!!!:eek: :eek:  But, the birds were having a fine time. All taken with the Nikon D300, Nikon 500mm f4.

0_0_b0016e9e68dae6781d41d5f7174da54a_1.

View attachment 223214

View attachment 223215

Thanks for looking!

Nancy

2. Nancy these are simply stunning. Love the colors and reflection. Very well done.

3. Thank you so much James!:smile:

Nancy

4. AgilityIG

AgilityIG

May 13, 2008
    Iowa
    Gorgeous Nancy! I think #2 is my fav.

5. Thanks Marsha!:smile:

Nancy

6. Hi Nancy,

Great photos. Is that mud on the feet of the Spoonies?

Bob & Nan

7. Well I can see that you and Harry are having entirely too much fun. These are beautiful shots Nancy, an excellent job with them.

8. Fantastic set, love #2.

9. Thank you so much!:smile: Yes, it is mud. I was just happy that it was even.

Thanks Louis!:smile:

Thank you Warren!:smile: #2 is one of my fav's too.

Nancy

10. Hi Nancy, great shots

I'm coming to Florida next March/April, do you suggest that I bring my 200-400 or my 500vr?

thanks

Colin.

11. Your #2 Nancy is a show winenr for sure!

12. Randy

Randy

May 11, 2006
    you are making that 500 sing
    beautil pics Nancy

13. Thanks Colin!:smile: Colin it depends on what your other lens is. If you have a 300 f4 or 70-300 or 100-300, then that plus the 500 would be great. I use the 70-300vr and the 500.

Thanks Nick!:smile: I like that one a lot also!!

Thank you Randy!:smile: Yes, my baby(500) is purrring right along!

Nancy

14. thanks for the advice Nancy

I have been to florida on numerous holidays, but this is the first for a fortnight of bird photography.

i think i will bring the 500vr along with my 70-200 f2.8vr and 1.4x and 1.7x teleconverters, that should cover it.

thanks again

Colin.

15. It must be hot out there?

I would have thought there would be little bird action but your shots and the shots posted by Warren, there is still a lto of action at Viera.

16. Allan it is hotter than, you know where!!!:biggrin: But, the birds activity is terrific. In fact, we saw the Bald Eagle the other day too.

Nancy

17. Excellent set Nancy. Beautiful spoonies!

18. Thank you so much Phil!:smile:

Nancy

19. My mom is very sick - lives in Altamonte Springs. If I go for a quick visit I am wondering if I should bring my gear and try for a quick trip to the coast.

20. bfjr

bfjr Guest

#2 dig the color / reflection, nicely done :wink:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.