Spoonie filled morning!

Well, Harry and I started off at the click ponds at Viera Wetlands and boy were there plenty of birds. The one cell was almost completely drained and so along with all the birds, there were plenty of dead fish, and smell!!!:eek::eek: But, the birds were having a fine time. All taken with the Nikon D300, Nikon 500mm f4.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 223214

View attachment 223215

Thanks for looking!

Nancy

Hi Nancy,

Great photos. Is that mud on the feet of the Spoonies?

Bob & Nan
Thank you so much!:smile: Yes, it is mud. I was just happy that it was even.

Well I can see that you and Harry are having entirely too much fun. These are beautiful shots Nancy, an excellent job with them.
Thanks Louis!:smile:

Fantastic set, love #2.
Thank you Warren!:smile: #2 is one of my fav's too.

Nancy

Hi Nancy, great shots

I'm coming to Florida next March/April, do you suggest that I bring my 200-400 or my 500vr?

thanks

Colin.
Thanks Colin!:smile: Colin it depends on what your other lens is. If you have a 300 f4 or 70-300 or 100-300, then that plus the 500 would be great. I use the 70-300vr and the 500.

Your #2 Nancy is a show winenr for sure!
Thanks Nick!:smile: I like that one a lot also!!

you are making that 500 sing
beautil pics Nancy
Thank you Randy!:smile: Yes, my baby(500) is purrring right along!

Nancy

Real Name
Colin Carter
thanks for the advice Nancy

I have been to florida on numerous holidays, but this is the first for a fortnight of bird photography.

i think i will bring the 500vr along with my 70-200 f2.8vr and 1.4x and 1.7x teleconverters, that should cover it.

thanks again

Colin.

It must be hot out there?

I would have thought there would be little bird action but your shots and the shots posted by Warren, there is still a lto of action at Viera.

It must be hot out there?

I would have thought there would be little bird action but your shots and the shots posted by Warren, there is still a lto of action at Viera.
Allan it is hotter than, you know where!!!:biggrin: But, the birds activity is terrific. In fact, we saw the Bald Eagle the other day too.

Nancy

Allan it is hotter than, you know where!!!:biggrin: But, the birds activity is terrific. In fact, we saw the Bald Eagle the other day too.

Nancy
My mom is very sick - lives in Altamonte Springs. If I go for a quick visit I am wondering if I should bring my gear and try for a quick trip to the coast.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom