Spoonie on a stick

Real Name
Randy
D7100 + 80-400afs
shot at the rookery at The Aligator Farm, I was 'watching' her, waiting for a wing spread pre take off, it's nice to be able to handhold a camera/lens for several minutes, in the past I would have been worn out holding a 300 2.8 or 500/4 and neither would have let me zoom in to where I wanted to be.....

f/7.1,1/2500,iso400,focal length 320mm,ev=-.3,matrix metering

i-G6z4FPw-XL.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Randy
Great techs...color/detail. I like the "neck beard" too.

thx buddy

in prep for posting this on birdphotographers.net i worked on this pic more than most (selective sharpening and selective highlites, cloning branches, etc).....those guys over there are great for C&C

It was a great time to be shooting there, the birds were carrying stuff to build their nests. Beautiful colors, Randy

Real Name
Randy
Looks like it was struggling to keep its balance. I hope to be there Monday.

i may see you, prob not but I am thinking about going back to florida on Monday

Monday's weather looks not so good.

btw, consider the photo pass even if you only shoot a few days, they let you in an hour early (8am) and you can stay way latter, last week 745pm

Thanks for the tip about the photo pass Randy. Arrived in St. Augustine this afternoon. Weather won't be the greatest but Tuesday looks promising.

Be well, Ned

Real Name
Dan
Nice shot. Every time I look at one of your recent posts I feel my wallet getting a little lighter. :biggrin:

Real Name
Randy
Nice shot. Every time I look at one of your recent posts I feel my wallet getting a little lighter. :biggrin:

thanks Dan:smile:

i'm sitting here asking myself why I own a D4,2 D800's, a 300,400 and 500VR's....well for sports I can see it but if i only shot wildlife everything would go but the 500 and of course the d7100 and 80-400afs

Real Name
Dan
...if i only shot wildlife everything would go but the 500 and of course the d7100 and 80-400afs
Coming from you that's pretty high praise for that little camera. Do you run into any buffer issues shooting BIF?

Real Name
Randy
Coming from you that's pretty high praise for that little camera. Do you run into any buffer issues shooting BIF?

not yet but that may be because what little bursting i had in me was calmed by the d800:smile:

bottom line is IQ wise the D7100 is behaving like a pro body
bld quality sux, it's a tiny plasticy body but i even gave it a shot for 2 soccer games yesterday and left the 400vr at home and shot the 70-200 in 1.3 mode so that was 140-400 at 2.8....to say the least I had alot of fun

i-HCLhVWL-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Latest threads

Top Bottom